11-14-18 11:12 AM
39 12
tools
    So.

I was curious if someone could help me out a bit.

I was attempting to get BlackBerry Messenger Enterprise for my BlackBerry 10 device. I understand it's roughly 2.5 per month per license on the information I have here, and a bit extra for video/call.

I attempted to reach out to BlackBerry. Of which one person told me he had no clue about legacy devices, that he only handled the Enterprise side of things - Asked if I thought about upgrading my phone...But definitely knew how to help me out and would send me the contact information to the people I needed to talk to via E-Mail.

Which was a link to the BlackBerry Mobile website. Hilarious in retrospect - I mean, I don't exactly fault the guy. I'm asking for a legacy product for a EOL system that is on bare bones life support. Would of sort of been nice if he would of been honest or hit disconnect, but in retrospect, I actually enjoyed his answer.

In the meantime, would any of you folks here by chance know any good points of contact? I E-Mailed the two people I saw on this forum and I have gotten no response.
    I used BBM Enterprise on my BlackBerry 10 device and BlackBerry Priv also some months ago. When I asked for BBM enterprise they didn't ask me about device. And I searched many times but I couldn't find android priority on BB10. It worked well in each phone.
    09-30-18 01:17 AM
    Eh, I finally got in touch with someone. Ten license minimum, $300 a year total. Not including voice which would be $79.99 or $800 a year annually.
    10-02-18 04:39 PM
    Hi Mrsimon,

I responded to your post in the BBM underrated thread.

You need to activate the BBID associated with your device through the IDP portal

https://idp.blackberry.com/login

Use your login credentials to access this site. From there, you send an invite to your Device BBID. It must be made with an email. it wont work if your BBM is based on a phone number.

Your Device should them receive the invite email. Click the link to verify. Once that's done, your BBID will be changed to Enterprise and you can log into the app.
    Well, it was an ordeal that turned out badly for me and the image of Blackberry.
    I had 3 long phone calls with guys in Canada (imagine what that cost them). They proved that they really didn't know how to solve my "join BBM Enterprise" Problem. One guy who was using my screen finally managed to get an email sent to me with a username and password. I did everything it said and used the password, but it still didn't work. This is when I told them that if they couldn't get me signed up on chat app, how could I trust them for anything else. They even tried to cross-sell me a tech supplier in Spain.
    Exasperating and an incredible waste of time and resources for me and for them.
    So. That's the end of that ordeal.
    If it works out for you, great, but I honestly can't recommend them.
    10-28-18 03:34 AM
    The "funny" thing is that BB according to Chen will be a software company. They are ilarious and cancelled a glorious past.

The soon BB will be sold to some other company, the better it will be for the customers.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-18 08:16 AM
    The "funny" thing is that BB according to Chen will be a software company. They are ilarious and cancelled a glorious past.

The soon BB will be sold to some other company, the better it will be for the customers.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry IS a software company.

92% of company revenue is software and services (81% of which is recurring), and it's growing at double digits.

The "glorious past" almost bankrupted them.
    11-13-18 08:30 AM

92% of company revenue is software and services (81% of which is recurring), and it's growing at double digits.

I think the confusion among users here is that it's an ENTERPRISE software company, not a consumer one. BlackBerry probably doesn't have a sales team that responds to opportunities of < $1K or so.

Consumers are so used to being catered to that they freak out and get offended when a company doesn't target or care about them. They'd get the same reaction if they called a huge commercial electrical contractor about installing a ceiling fan in their home.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-13-18 08:48 AM
    I think the confusion among users here is that it's an ENTERPRISE software company, not a consumer one. BlackBerry probably doesn't have a sales team that responds to opportunities of < $1K or so.

Consumers are so used to being catered to that they freak out and get offended when a company doesn't target or care about them. They'd get the same reaction if they called a huge commercial electrical contractor about installing a ceiling fan in their home.

That is very much the case.

BBM Enterprise is marketed as a component of its UEM suite.

Yes, there are ways to do it, but it's not intended as a one-off consumer product.
    Last edited by conite; 11-13-18 at 11:27 AM.
    11-13-18 08:50 AM

Yes, there are ways to do it, but it's not intended as a on-off consumer product.
    Still it would be great if they had a cloud-based, self service solution for < 10 users. I have a single-seat E5 subscription to Office 365 including a Cloud PBX account, CRM, BI, etc., and I love it!

11-13-18 11:11 AM

Yes, there are ways to do it, but it's not intended as a one-off consumer product.
    Sure, but read about what is written above and the challenges people are facing for a subscription...it is ilarious.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-18 02:19 AM

Well, read the complaints of potential customers.... They are losing potential customers...if this is professional...good luck!! Lol!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-18 02:21 AM
    Well, read the complaints of potential customers.... They are losing potential customers...if this is professional...good luck!! Lol!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry doesn't want consumers. Insufficient ROI.
    11-14-18 06:57 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't want consumers. Insufficient ROI.
    Makes no sense. Consumers drive business purchasing and decisions. The iPhone and tablets were targeted at consumers before businesses.
    11-14-18 07:17 AM
    Makes no sense. Consumers drive business purchasing and decisions. The iPhone and tablets were targeted at consumers before businesses.
    They make far more money focusing their efforts on their UEM offerings to business.
    11-14-18 07:27 AM
    Those are consumer electronics products, not enterprise software. Consumers don't drive enterpruse information security purchasing, thank God! LOL

11-14-18 11:12 AM
39 12