Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    If I get BBM protected for $29.99 for me, do I need to buy also for the other people I want to chat with or what happened if only me have BBM protected and others don't?
    01-18-16 03:14 PM
    It is suppose to extend to other BBM users you are messaging......
    01-18-16 03:57 PM
    It is supposed to protect any conversations you are in regardless if the other party has it or not.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 06:41 PM
    Yup it is automatically create a protected chat as long the person you can using supported BBM version
    01-18-16 06:56 PM
    It is supposed to protect any conversations you are in regardless if the other party has it or not.
    I don't think that is the case. I believe both users need to be on BBM Protected in order for it to be effective (ie: a BES server) and offer device to device encryption? If a BBM Protected user connects with BBM user using a non-BBM Protected client, I think it just follows the regular BBM encryption (ie: not Protected) which can be turned over to authorities provided a valid warrant is provided etc....
    01-19-16 08:49 AM
    I don't think that is the case. I believe both users need to be on BBM Protected in order for it to be effective (ie: a BES server) and offer device to device encryption? If a BBM Protected user connects with BBM user using a non-BBM Protected client, I think it just follows the regular BBM encryption (ie: not Protected) which can be turned over to authorities provided a valid warrant is provided etc....
    Nope.

You purchase the subscription. Then enable autopassphrase as well as protected plus.

The former alleviates the need for them to enter a password to create the protected chat and the latter extends the protection to those you are chatting with.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 08:41 PM
    Nope.

You purchase the subscription. Then enable autopassphrase as well as protected plus.

The former alleviates the need for them to enter a password to create the protected chat and the latter extends the protection to those you are chatting with.

Posted via CB10
    Good to know.

Found this too: How to Extend the Security of BBM Protected Chats to non-BBM Protected users | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

Interesting.
    dusdal and teknofish like this.
    01-20-16 09:19 PM
    Yep!

Also don't need to be on BES.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 10:06 PM
    Incorrect
    01-20-16 10:07 PM
    Lol, and now I see this...we are all here to learn...and there ya go
    Last edited by Carjackd; 01-20-16 at 10:20 PM.
    01-20-16 10:08 PM