It looks like Android-using colleagues updating their BBM Enterprise is locking them out of our perfectly good Protected group -- so it seems I'll have to bite the bullet.

If I switch to BBM Enterprise, can I switch back for non-encrypted chats?

If I switch off BBM Enterprise, will my stickers be there?

If I switch back to BBM Enterprise, do I have to recreate my encrypted group?

Thanks to anyone who can advise.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-08-17 10:38 PM
    It looks like Android-using colleagues updating their BBM Enterprise is locking them out of our perfectly good Protected group -- so it seems I'll have to bite the bullet.

If I switch to BBM Enterprise, can I switch back for non-encrypted chats?

If I switch off BBM Enterprise, will my stickers be there?

If I switch back to BBM Enterprise, do I have to recreate my encrypted group?

Thanks to anyone who can advise.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Yes, you can switch back to Protected as I did. However, ALL your previous chats will be lost and you'll show up on the other side as "...has left the conversation". So you'll have to re-initiate all your chats. I think groups you rejoin. Can't remember.

Yes your stickers will be there. BUT you'll have to reorder them to the order you had before and hide the ones you don't want to see because every sticker pack will come back and it'll be in some random order. Might take a bit of time for all of them to come back, so you'll have to be patient.

Not sure what happens if you switch back to BBM Enterprise since I won't be making that mistake again. Such a stupid product "BBM Enterprise" when they've basically crippled BBM with Protected subscription and the only thing they did was throw you a bone (cross platform video chat).

Wise thing going forward is to NEVER purchase software or services offered by BlackBerry as all they do is screw you over ala bait & switch or something else just as frustrating.
    06-08-17 11:11 PM
    ...Such a stupid product "BBM Enterprise" when they've basically crippled BBM with Protected subscription and the only thing they did was throw you a bone (cross platform video chat).
    Yeah; I'm definitely underwhelmed...

Thing is, it sounds like you can't have unencrypted (or, more accurately, "trivially encrypted") and encrypted ("Enterprise") chats running at the same time.

Is that just dumber than a bag of hammers, or what?

This will likely not be practical, so I see an iPhone in my future, alas.

06-08-17 11:32 PM
    Don't even get me started on "dumber than a bag of hammers". They're chasing so called "enterprise" clients when all their clients seem to be either military or gov entities. Most "enterprises" have abandoned them because of their stupidity yet they just keep doing the same sh1t over and over.

You'd think something as simple as leaving Protected alone would make sense. But noooooo..

Android & iOS can video chat with each other but BlackBerry 10 can only video chat to other BlackBerry 10 devices. How's that for bonehead and a kick to the nads for BlackBerry 10 users who supported them so much? And they wonder why their user base keeps shrinking and why there's so much disdain for them.

Switching to an iPhone won't solve the problem. You can keep using the Passport, but just use some other messaging service. I'll use my Passport for a while until all the dust settles with the KEYone or whatever else shows up. Can't stand touch screen devices with their terrible battery life.
    06-08-17 11:49 PM
    BBM "Enterprise" can't accommodate group features or stickers; that's just lovely, thanks. :-| Do I have to switch Enterprise on and off to get Protected / non-Protected messages to show up in my Hub? *-- or am I stuck moving my non-business contacts over to Enterprise and leaving behind the non-business BBM Groups to which I belong? *If so, I have to wonder if BlackBerry thought about this _at all?_

06-09-17 05:38 AM