01-20-20 01:55 PM
135 12345 ...
tools
    There was nothing derogatory in my response. If you interpreted that, you would be incorrect.
    I quoted ChuckFinley69 not you.
    PsihoKey2 likes this.
    01-15-20 12:53 AM
    I quoted ChuckFinley69 not you.
    Sure, but this is all based on some erroneous interpretation of my post.
    01-15-20 12:56 AM
    How does suggesting ways for BBMe to be acceptable to general public hurt? If people don’t use the platform due to low acceptance how does it expect to displace other platforms? People left BBM for simpler ways to add contacts and send messages.

How secure is using BBMe really when you’re sharing your pin with strangers here on CB anyways? How’s that different than sharing pins in real life and that being shared by others.
    If you share PIN with 'strangers', you are NOT giving your phone number/carrier name/full name/home adres... like you usually DO when registring via phone number.
    Simple as that.
    Rico4you and Jake2826 like this.
    01-15-20 02:54 AM
    The phone number bit is a red herring. You can sign up to any of those other apps with a virtual number that takes only minutes to get - and that's only an issue in the first place if you don't trust the messaging company. BlackBerry collects plenty of info too when you obtain a BBID.

Most messaging companies worth their salt allow independent security audits. BBMe does not.

Telegram, for instance, allows independent audits, and offers an enormous bounty ($200,000) to anyone who finds any flaws with their security protocols. As of yet, no one has collected said bounty.

One of the biggest security "must haves" for the experts is an auto-destruct message that requires no user intervention. BBMe does not have that, unless you pay for the full version and have access to the console. Telegram, for instance, does have this feature.

The bottom line is that security is a complicated and lengthy discussion involving many components.

Even despite the phone number (which you can easily get around anyway), many other messaging apps are rated much higher by security experts.

But none of this says you shouldn't use what works for you. The outrageous claims, however, need to stop - it sounds completely unhinged.
    You are going to compare BlackBerry as a company and its size, product portfolio, security and value to a more or less recent tech messaging startup like Telegram?? Not even close.
    So does Apple , Samsung, etc allow independent audits...NO! of course not.
    Do they offer a "bounty" NO! Of course not. Would be laughable at best.
    01-15-20 03:22 AM
    You are going to compare BlackBerry as a company and its size, product portfolio, security and value to a more or less recent tech messaging startup like Telegram?? Not even close.
    Good answer!
    I think its very laughable also to compare Blackberry with Telegram etc...in every single aspect!!!
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-15-20 03:29 AM
    Good answer!
    I think its very laughable also to compare Blackberry with Telegram etc...in every single aspect!!!
    Totally agree.
    01-15-20 03:32 AM
    Conite is
    Wrong in many things he wrote. Plain wrong in almost everything.
    Virtual phone number is going arround problem, hiding,
    Auto destruct message is completely useless feature, for BBMe at least, and we talked about this with developers, we don't need it since you can easily retract chat and also use Timed Messages.
    End of story.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-15-20 03:32 AM
    I started this thread with the message that there is a new update with exzellent features and improvements. No more. But it seems that posting something positive is a keyword for these who immediately start their negativity and want to bring us to Apple or other products -away from BlackBerry. How bitter and disappointed must they be !
    Last edited by BlueHooker; 01-15-20 at 11:09 AM.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    01-15-20 04:14 AM
    Ergo, by that logic, the original BBM wasn’t free either. It was adopted in large numbers though When BBM later went cross platform and free, people left in droves.

iMessage doesn’t prevent you talking with Android or the reverse, it’s still text message.
    I never said the original BBM was free. I did not like the EMTEK version as well as I like the new BBMe.
    Text messages from iPhones have their own issues. But that is off topic.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-15-20 04:38 AM
    Are you now the spokesman for Conite? In order to avoid misunderstandings or wrong translations, I have some friends here in the forum who are native speakers and explain the meaning of your sotty posts to me.
    In the above thread, I simply asked how many downloads Telegram had since I wasn’t using Android device.

This is a public forum that has R&G which I follow. There’s plenty of negative comments about platforms here that aren’t BlackBerry that appear biased and filled with shoddy misinformation. Since I’m not familiar, I ask questions. For some reason, that’s perceived as negative. It’s as if supporters want forum threads as sales tools for BlackBerry products. That’s not what public forums are for. They are for two way discussions of pros and cons of topics.

I’d suggest you find some better translations since I don’t appreciate being incorrectly accused of things simply because you can’t read properly.
    01-15-20 07:42 AM
    If you share PIN with 'strangers', you are NOT giving your phone number/carrier name/full name/home adres... like you usually DO when registring via phone number.
    Simple as that.
    I’m sharing phone number, with strangers everyday in business and personal. That’s simply part of life. When I give someone my first and last name, according to you, I’ve shared too much but that’s how society functions socially.

How do prospective clients or new acquaintances find out who you are if you’re not sharing? I’m referring to even face to face.
    01-15-20 07:49 AM
    But if the point of messaging is having people to message with, then your reasoning falls short.

Ubiquity is king.
    BBMe is not really a product aimed at the general public, like Signal, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc. As BlackBerry themselves states, it's designed for a "trusted circle" of people who wish to communicate with each other. I love it in the context of my family, clients and colleagues as it gives me a more exclusive channel.that isn't clogged up with messages like my Slack channels and MS Teams.

I don't see it as a replacement for any of the above services but as a great substitute for them in situations where my communications within a group benefit from segregation and additional features.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    01-15-20 08:01 AM
    BBMe isn’t a brand new product and BlackBerry isn’t new to messenger game. BBM for BBOS and thereafter is all part of what BBMe exists within.

Everyone here supporting BBMe was a BBM user and used it as it was. So, why did everyone use it before? The people that are downloading and giving negative reviews are many times, former users that are expecting the old BBM for whatever reason. So, those people aren’t worth attracting?

BBMe is quickly becoming the failed arguments of BB10 when people suggest improvements to attract users.
    01-15-20 08:05 AM
    BBMe isn’t a brand new product and BlackBerry isn’t new to messenger game. BBM for BBOS and thereafter is all part of what BBMe exists within.

Everyone here supporting BBMe was a BBM user and used it as it was. So, why did everyone use it before? The people that are downloading and giving negative reviews are many times, former users that are expecting the old BBM for whatever reason. So, those people aren’t worth attracting?

BBMe is quickly becoming the failed arguments of BB10 when people suggest improvements to attract users.
    What???Just read your post. But I really can't see the relevance to my post you quoted answering to Conite.
    01-15-20 09:14 AM
    Virtual phone number is going arround problem, hiding,
    So we agree that it gets around the "problem".

Auto destruct message is completely useless feature,
    Why do you think BlackBerry charges extra for that feature?
    cwalt2166 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-15-20 09:20 AM
    BBMe is not really a product aimed at the general public, like Signal, Telegram, WhatsApp, etc. As BlackBerry themselves states, it's designed for a "trusted circle" of people who wish to communicate with each other. I love it in the context of my family, clients and colleagues as it gives me a more exclusive channel.that isn't clogged up with messages like my Slack channels and MS Teams.

I don't see it as a replacement for any of the above services but as a great substitute for them in situations where my communications within a group benefit from segregation and additional features.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Agreed. That's why I said it works with a closed group.
    01-15-20 09:22 AM
    So we agree that it gets around the "problem".

Why do you think BlackBerry charges extra for that feature?
    You mean for non-personal BBMe use?
    01-15-20 09:24 AM
    You mean for non-personal BBMe use?
    You can use it for anything you like. I have the full premium service and don't use it for business.
    01-15-20 09:27 AM
    I starten this thread with the message that there is a new update with exzellent features and improvements. No more. But it seems that posting something positive is a keyword for these who immediately start their negativity and want to bring us to Apple or other products -away from BlackBerry. How bitter and disappointed must they be !
    The problem is that these kind of threads start that way, but then someone says something completely unhinged about either BBMe or its competition. In a public forum, that will create pushback.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-15-20 09:38 AM
    Google pays out millions of dollars in bounties every year for finding holes in Android or their apps. They raised their single bug bounty from $200k to $1.5M.

Plus, we're not talking about a full-company audit - just for BBMe.
    01-15-20 09:40 AM
    The bottom line is that all messaging apps have positives and negatives. It's too bad we can't just leave it at that.

Stamping one's feet, hands over ears, proclaiming it's THE best, gets us nowhere.
    pdr733 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-15-20 09:50 AM
    Google pays out millions of dollars in bounties every year for finding holes in Android or their apps. They raised their single bug bounty from $200k to $1.5M.

Plus, we're not talking about a full-company audit - just for BBMe.
    Ohhh ok....Apple can we just audit imessages? Response

Google can we just audit Messages? Response

Again Telegram is just a Messaging app they have absolutely NOTING else that's it that's all.

Let's compare companies for size, legacy and results, products, etc...

Bounty...yes nobody has managed to "crack" ROOT a BlackBerry Android device ...no bounty needed.
    01-15-20 10:08 AM
    Bounty...yes nobody has managed to "crack" ROOT a BlackBerry Android device ...no bounty needed.
    I don't think you understand the reason for a bounty. It draws far more people to try.
    01-15-20 10:13 AM
    Let's compare companies for size, legacy and results, products, etc...
    Open Whisper has been audited many times - and it's the protocol used by Facebook/WhatsApp.
    01-15-20 10:15 AM
    You are going to compare BlackBerry as a company and its size, product portfolio, security and value to a more or less recent tech
    This part ^^^^

What???Just read your post. But I really can't see the relevance to my post you quoted answering to Conite.
    You simply made statements about BBMe as if the product doesn’t have a huge legacy and history behind it. For many, other than SMS/MMS or email, it’s the original messenger on mobile.

The original BBM is what really moved people from email/messenger services of the early and mid-2000 era.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-15-20 10:19 AM
135 12345 ...