I recently loaded BBM Enterprise on iOS. I've sent invitations to consumer BBM users in iOS, Android and BB10. Android and iOS worked fine, but the BB10 invite has not.

The target BB10 user received my invitation, and accepted it, but then nothing happened. Neither of us has become a BBM contact of the other.

Anybody else experiencing this?

I suspect it's an issue on BlackBerry's end. Anybody know where to open a support ticket for BBM?

Kevin
    12-17-18 05:46 PM
    I recently loaded BBM Enterprise on iOS. I've sent invitations to consumer BBM users in iOS, Android and BB10. Android and iOS worked fine, but the BB10 invite has not.

The target BB10 user received my invitation, and accepted it, but then nothing happened. Neither of us has become a BBM contact of the other.

Anybody else experiencing this?

I suspect it's an issue on BlackBerry's end. Anybody know where to open a support ticket for BBM?

Kevin
    BBM between iOS/Android and BB10 is almost at the end of the road.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    12-17-18 05:55 PM
    I had the same issue for about two weeks, then it went away...so in the meantime I just saved the persons' pin to their contact and messaged away like that. Just keep sending them invitations from time to time, sooner or later it'll go through.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 06:02 PM
    I had the same issue for about two weeks, then it went away...so in the meantime I just saved the persons' pin to their contact and messaged away like that. Just keep sending them invitations from time to time, sooner or later it'll go through.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the server that handles BBM invitations at BlackBerry (or whoever) is unstable.

I've searched for the BBM support ticket page so I can ask about it, but haven't found it.
    12-17-18 06:07 PM
    Maybe the server that handles BBM invitations at BlackBerry (or whoever) is unstable.

I've searched for the BBM support ticket page so I can ask about it, but haven't found it.
    Two different companies and systems - that's the issue. Emtek does consumer BBM for iOS and Android, and BlackBerry does BBM for BB10. They are diverging quickly.
    12-17-18 06:26 PM
    They are diverging quickly.
    Before 12/31/2019?
    12-17-18 06:31 PM
    Before 12/31/2019?
    Yes they are already split and incapable in many cases
    12-17-18 06:39 PM
    Before 12/31/2019?
    Yes they are already split and incapable in many cases
    Ya.

So far, no cross-platform video, and no cross-platform groups.

Voice and invites are sporadic.
    12-17-18 06:41 PM
    Ya.

So far, no cross-platform video, and no cross-platform groups.

Voice and invites are sporadic.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear, the full diversion date is yet 12/31/2019, or is BBM not included in the shutdown?
    12-17-18 06:47 PM
    Sorry, I wasn't clear, the full diversion date is yet 12/31/2019, or is BBM not included in the shutdown?
    We don't know if BBM on BB10 will continue or not after Dec 2019.
    12-17-18 06:51 PM
    The BlackBerry brand is a dog's breakfast right now. You have BBM as a product and they don't integrate between BB10 and Blackdroid. When customers use BBM; they don't see Emtek. They see BlackBerry.

You cannot outsource your reputation.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-17-18 06:57 PM
    The BlackBerry brand is a dog's breakfast right now. You have BBM as a product and they don't integrate between BB10 and Blackdroid. When customers use BBM; they don't see Emtek. They see BlackBerry.

You cannot outsource your reputation.
    What difference does it make if it wasn't going to exist otherwise?
    12-17-18 07:13 PM
    What difference does it make if it wasn't going to exist otherwise?
    But it now exists. Enhance the experience to make it more useful.... Or get rid of it. Cannot have it both ways.
    12-17-18 08:23 PM
    But it now exists. Enhance the experience to make it more useful.... Or get rid of it. Cannot have it both ways.
    They get regular cheques from Emtek for doing nothing. Why get rid of that?

They also make money from BlackBerry UEM - of which BBM Enterprise plays a part. Why get rid of that?

BBM consumer on BB10 sucks. Why should they care? BB10 is essentially EOL already.
    12-17-18 08:49 PM
    They get regular cheques from Emtek for doing nothing. Why get rid of that?

They also make money from BlackBerry UEM - of which BBM Enterprise plays a part. Why get rid of that?

BBM consumer on BB10 sucks. Why should they care? BB10 is essentially EOL already.
    Blackberry can do no wrong based on how you see it. They are doing great!!
    12-18-18 03:53 PM
    Blackberry can do no wrong based on how you see it. They are doing great!!
    I assume all was better 5 years ago when they were facing imminent insolvency?

Cut forward, and they just completed a 1.5 billion dollar deal to acquire a major security company, they are on the ground floor of autonomous auto and IoT endpoint security management, and have licencing partners delivering modern devices.
    12-18-18 03:58 PM
    Typical johnny speak "reputation doesn't matter"
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-18-18 04:36 PM
    Typical johnny speak "reputation doesn't matter"
    What the monetary value of the "reputation" effect generated by those still on BB10 who have issues with cross-platform invites - one year prior to complete EOL?
    12-18-18 04:39 PM
    Two different companies and systems - that's the issue. Emtek does consumer BBM for iOS and Android, and BlackBerry does BBM for BB10. They are diverging quickly.
    Except that the specific forum this thread is on is for BBM Enterprise, which I understand to be:

• managed by BlackBerry themselves along with BBM for BB10, and
    • capable of doing voice and video with both BB10 and Android/iOS, which is the reason I opted for eBBM

So I'm really hoping this inability to invite a BB10 user is a temporary glitch, not a feature.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-18-18 05:52 PM