Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
10-03-15 03:01 PM
85 123 ...
tools
    Great article from www.blackberrycentral.com on BBM Protected. What it is, how to sign up, and how to use it.

Big thanks to BRAD BORNO for the write up.

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...bbm-protected/

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    03-26-15 11:48 PM
    thanks for the link
    03-27-15 06:40 AM
    I just hope others find it as useful as I did

bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-15 11:11 AM
    I just hope others find it as useful as I did

I found it awesome, it's how I signed up to bbm protected by using that guide

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N, anon(9208252) and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-15 08:14 AM
    @Mods:
    Please mark this thread as a sticky and put up in general forums too.
    +
    Please edit the first post to include a bullet point about BBM Protected not needing/ being independent of BES

 Q5 / Z30
    Last edited by gvs1341; 03-31-15 at 05:51 PM.
    3_M4N, Erik_1991 and jope28 like this.
    03-31-15 05:39 PM
    Thanks for the link; very helpful article.
    3_M4N likes this.
    04-09-15 02:58 PM
    Well, I decided to register an enterprise account and buy this to meet the needs of secure messaging on the platform. I successfully created the account and paid for the service this morning but when I got to this step:

"Activating BBM Protected
    ‎Once you have received all of the emails as described above, you'll need to do the following:
    Login to the Enterprise Identity console @ https://idp.blackberry.com
    ‎Once logged in, choose the Enterprise Identity Administrator Console.
    Choose Services from the left-hand menu."

It wouldn't let me log in to idp.blackberry.com saying that the account had not been associated with enterprise yet. I will try again tomorrow...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:54 AM
    @Mods:
    Please mark this thread as a sticky and put up in general forums too.
    +
    Please edit the first post to include a bullet point about BBM Protected not needing/ being independent of BES

 Q5 / Z30
    Agreed.
    If they won't post a similar guide on the CB front page, at least sticky this thread.
    It is something that I imagine many BlackBerry users might at least want to be aware of if not even purchase.
    Getting BBM Protected as a consumer without BES has been asked about plenty of times on the comments of every CrackBerry front page article about eBBM.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    04-11-15 05:38 PM
    It wouldn't let me log in to idp.blackberry.com saying that the account had not been associated with enterprise yet. I will try again tomorrow...
    Did you sign up with the same email address you use for your BBID? Some have mentioned issues in doing this, as BlackBerry needs to fix something on their end.

Did you receive the email that talks about the Identity Management Administrator Console? If not - you may need to wait one business day.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 08:48 PM
    I did sign up with the same email. Never received the email about the identity management console. So now I am minus 33 dollars without a working bbm protected. Any solutions?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 11:18 PM
    Thanks I also used this to sign up,
    3_M4N and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-15 11:20 PM
    I do have access to the dashboard. I chose enterprise activation readiness and entered the pin of my Z30. It said that it had been provisioned but that my email address had not been associated and I need to "add user to blackberry device services?"

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 04:22 AM
    Well no email yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 10:47 PM
    Well no email yet.

Posted via CB10
    Did you not receive an e-mail like the following? Check your junk mail just in case.

Hello NAME,

You have recently been invited to be administrator with the Enterprise Identity by BlackBerry Console.

As part of the completion process you should have received a welcome email advising you to sign in or create your BlackBerry ID. The link within the email that's used to sign in or create the ID will expire within 24 hours of receipt.

A customer service ticket has been create to ensure you successfully complete the initial sign in process.

If the sign in link within the welcome email has expired or you did not receive the directions please reply directly to this email ensuring the INC0000########## is included in the subject. We will then respond to you with next steps in order to complete the process.

Additional support resources are available to you at Secure device management for Android, iOS, Windows Phone & BlackBerry ? BlackBerry Products & Services - Canada

Sincerely,

BlackBerry Customer Support
    04-14-15 04:28 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 05:09 PM
    Nope
    Did you open a Service Request on www.myblackberry.com ?

Login there, and from the Dashboard:

1.) My Service Requests
    2.) New Service Request
    3.) Choose BlackBerry BBM Meetings
    4.) Choose Administration/Configuration issue & hit Next
    5.) Enter a brief description & long description of your issue
    3_M4N likes this.
    04-14-15 05:43 PM
    Ok, did that...let's see what happens. The error I get when I try and log in to enterprise identity management is:

Error logging in: SAML provider returned Responder error: This account is not yet associated with a Enterprise Identity by BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:25 PM
    It takes up to two weeks to setup the idp. It is quite normal. I waited 10 work days.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:59 PM
    I follow this:
    "1. Register for an account at the BlackBerry Enterprise Store (you can use your email account associated with your BlackBerry ID, though this is not required). As stated above, you will be required in some of the forms to provide a company name. Provide your full name in that field, or if you have a company - provide that.
    2. Choose the Employee Productivity section in the store menus, and select BBM Protected. ‎"

But BBM Protected missing?!
    04-15-15 04:46 AM
    I follow this:
    "1. Register for an account at the BlackBerry Enterprise Store (you can use your email account associated with your BlackBerry ID, though this is not required). As stated above, you will be required in some of the forms to provide a company name. Provide your full name in that field, or if you have a company - provide that.
    2. Choose the Employee Productivity section in the store menus, and select BBM Protected. ‎"

Yes it's missing been searching

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 11:34 AM
    I follow this:

Where are you from?
    04-16-15 04:48 PM
    If this is at all representative of how the new focus on enterprise software services is going, wow. So far, no response to my help ticket request.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:45 PM
    Where are you from?
    Bulgaria

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:54 PM
    If this is at all representative of how the new focus on enterprise software services is going, wow. So far, no response to my help ticket request.

Posted via CB10
    I'm still working through issues getting signed in as well. I didn't get it resolved emailing back and forth so I'm going to call them wand see if that helps.

04-16-15 09:16 PM
    Found a solution for those outside the US an CA the company in the sign up page I used my US Sky box billing Address and used my home address as owner Address

Also used a proxy

Posted via CB10
    theninjew and 3_M4N like this.
    04-16-15 10:22 PM
85 123 ...