So, I found out recently that the consumer BBM service went dead on May 31st. Now that my family is moving over to BBMe, I would like to know a few things, especially since they're using iPhones, and I'm still with a classic BlackBerry, and the legacy BlackBerry Messenger app.

First off, is BBM Voice & Video cross-platform compatible with BBMe and BBOS BBM? I've heard rumours about it not being so, but I'd rather hear it myself.

Second of all, will BBM Protected be fully functional when going cross-platform? I've no idea how end-to-end encryption works. I know it functions, but to what extent? I do like my security :P

Third, is BlackBerry planning to add any consumer features to BBMe? I've noticed just how limited it is compared to the BBM of yore, with the Channels, custom PINs and more gone.

Thanks in advance for answering my cruddy questions - I know I sound like an absolute noob :P

Just for reference, here's my device info:
    - BlackBerry Bold 9780
    - BlackBerry 6
    - Latest version of BlackBerry Messenger for BlackBerry OS 6.0
    07-03-19 05:11 PM
    So, I found out recently that the consumer BBM service went dead on May 31st. Now that my family is moving over to BBMe, I would like to know a few things, especially since they're using iPhones, and I'm still with a classic BlackBerry, and the legacy BlackBerry Messenger app.

First off, is BBM Voice & Video cross-platform compatible with BBMe and BBOS BBM? I've heard rumours about it not being so, but I'd rather hear it myself.
    I know voice is between BB10 and Android/IOS but not video.
    Not sure about voice between BBOS and Android / IOS.

Second of all, will BBM Protected be fully functional when going cross-platform? I've no idea how end-to-end encryption works. I know it functions, but to what extent? I do like my security :P
    Chats are fully protected cross platform.

Third, is BlackBerry planning to add any consumer features to BBMe? I've noticed just how limited it is compared to the BBM of yore, with the Channels, custom PINs and more gone.
    Only BlackBerry will know the answer to that...

Thanks in advance for answering my cruddy questions - I know I sound like an absolute noob :P

Just for reference, here's my device info:
    - BlackBerry Bold 9780
    - BlackBerry 6
    - Latest version of BlackBerry Messenger for BlackBerry OS 6.0
    Enjoy the continued use of BBM!

Posted via CB10
    Shadowbolt likes this.
    07-03-19 09:21 PM
    Thank you for the info. Long live BlackBerry :P
    07-04-19 10:23 AM
    I know voice is between BB10 and Android/IOS but not video.
    Not sure about voice between BBOS and Android / IOS.

Chats are fully protected cross platform.

Only BlackBerry will know the answer to that...

Enjoy the continued use of BBM!

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    I can confirm for you that BBM Voice does work cross-platform between BlackBerry OS and Android / iOS. Tried it with multiple contacts.
    07-05-19 04:51 PM