The problem seems to be that your explanations of your opinions are often fact-based and logical,
    Actually many times they aren't... as he stated "I simply provided my thoughts on the subject".

On this subject... BBMe is a soft-landing for BBM or is BBMe the new Renaissance for BBM. It would be hard to compile the facts without a lot of supposition either way.

Sadly I see us here a year from now with pending fees going into effect... same argument. (unless BlackBerry changes something before then).
    05-14-19 03:11 PM
    Actually many times they aren't... as he stated "I simply provided my thoughts on the subject".

On this subject... BBMe is a soft-landing for BBM or is BBMe the new Renaissance for BBM. It would be hard to compile the facts without a lot of supposition either way.

Sadly I see us here a year from now with pending fees going into effect... same argument. (unless BlackBerry changes something before then).
    I agree that BBMe isn't a consumer-oriented product and probably shouldn't be, from a business perspective as consumers don't see to want to pay for services these days!

I am happy that they've made it possible for individuals to sign up without a salesperson, though. I found the consumer version of BBM unusable for professional purposes due to the ads and stickers, but it was frustrating to inquire and not hear back.from the Enterprise sales team.

Personally, I have no problem paying a few dollars a month for BBMe, as I find it superior to Slack, Google Hangouts Chat, Microsoft Teams and Signal for work-related messaging.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-14-19 03:56 PM
    05-14-19 06:38 PM
    Very good article !
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-15-19 05:57 AM
    Here's the salient point:

"Additionally, because BlackBerry doesn’t monetize data, BBMe won’t ask for a phone number, suggest contacts to users, nor will it desire to know where users are messaging from or what is being shared. It is private, secure, meets regulatory standards, and you have total control over your data and who you communicate with."

CrackPriv and Rico4you like this.
    05-15-19 06:14 AM
    Deleted: Quoted text didn't appear
    05-15-19 08:57 AM
    If I will pay about 40€/year for corporate BBMe, will my BBMe contacts pay about 5 € /year too? l

Posted via CB10
    Consumer BBMe is a neutered version of the full corporate app that you're paying for. Fewer features
    05-15-19 09:00 AM
    Consumer BBMe is a neutered version of the full corporate app that you're paying for. Fewer features
    That's expected. The features are worth price if users convert from other platforms. This is the biggest hurdle, free or not, that many former users have seen the consumer version has been abandoned twice. Many users don't want to waste time only to be abandoned once again.
    05-15-19 09:15 AM
    Personally, I have no problem paying a few dollars a month for BBMe, as I find it superior to Slack, Google Hangouts Chat, Microsoft Teams and Signal for work-related messaging.
    BBMe is great for what it is....

But that like comparing the features of a 2 cylinder motorcycle (BBMe), to a 4 cylinder sedan (Hangouts and Signal), to a 8 cylinder SUV (Slack and Teams).... depends more on what your need are. Some cases a motorcycle might be the best fit.... but that doesn't mean it superior.

I wish BlackBerry had focused more on business and made BBM more of a collaboration tool, than what they did with Channels...
    05-15-19 11:55 AM
    That's expected. The features are worth price if users convert from other platforms. This is the biggest hurdle, free or not, that many former users have seen the consumer version has been abandoned twice. Many users don't want to waste time only to be abandoned once again.
    Twice? The original splitting off of BBMc for Android and iOS to Emtek wasn't an abandonment, rather a strategic move (one that didn't pan out). And BBMc on BB10 has kept chugging along, still maintained by BlackBerry Ltd.

"Abandonment" connotes at least an interruption in continuity of service. That has never happened and is not scheduled to happen until the end of this month.

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-15-19 12:04 PM
    BBMe is great for what it is....

But that like comparing the features of a 2 cylinder motorcycle (BBMe), to a 4 cylinder sedan (Hangouts and Signal), to a 8 cylinder SUV (Slack and Teams).... depends more on what your need are. Some cases a motorcycle might be the best fit.... but that doesn't mean it superior.

I wish BlackBerry had focused more on business and made BBM more of a collaboration tool, than what they did with Channels...
    BlackBerry completely missed the boat on BBM.

I use and like Signal, Slack and MS Teams. I'm not a fan of Hangouts, though I do use it and Hangouts Chat as well.

IMO, BBMe is superior to all of those for its core function which is secure group chat. Signal is better for absolute security, and the other services are better for collaboration. But BBMe offers the best blend of security and collaboration for environments where security is more important than collaboration.

That's a pretty limited focus, but, as the COO for a cybersecurity company that already uses Slack and Signal extensively, I definitely see a role for us using BBMe for some of our conversations that don't work as well on our other platforms.

BBHermes likes this.
    05-15-19 12:13 PM
    Twice? The original splitting off of BBMc for Android and iOS to Emtek wasn't an abandonment, rather a strategic move (one that didn't pan out). And BBMc on BB10 has kept chugging along, still maintained by BlackBerry Ltd.

"Abandonment" connotes at least an interruption in continuity of service. That has never happened and is not scheduled to happen until the end of this month.

Posted via CB10
    For me, abandonment happened when BB moved BBM for Android/IOS off their servers onto Emtek servers, which meant different IDs that could not be used from BBOS and BB10 to Android/IOS devices after the cutover.

Second abandonment happens in couple of weeks. For me the abandonment happens once announced. Within hours, many CB groups had moved over to WhatsApp so I'm not the only person that felt abandoned.

Besides the BBMe for Android/IOS and BBMc for BBOS and BB10 haven't been fully integrated. Will that continue after 12/31/19 or what? I'm still feeling duped after supporting BBM twice and then BB and Emtek say each won't continue support because it doesn't make economic sense.

Was BB wrong the first time and now they've discovered the secret to hidden profits? Does this mean I should expect to hear that BBOS and BB10 will also get a last minute reprieve? Will BB takeover and reenter the hardware business two and produce future Q, Z and Key # devices?
    05-15-19 12:16 PM

But that like comparing the features of a 2 cylinder motorcycle (BBMe), to a 4 cylinder sedan (Hangouts and Signal), to a 8 cylinder SUV (Slack and Teams)....
    An hyperbolic, if not absurd, comparison, one unfair to BBMe.

<humor>
    Dear DDD appears to have contracted a strain of the CB contagion coniteitis, one at once more lethal and less plausible than the original
    </humor>

Respectfully

Posted via CB10
    05-15-19 12:21 PM
    For me, abandonment happened when BB moved BBM for Android/IOS off their servers onto Emtek servers, which meant different IDs that could not be used from BBOS and BB10 to Android/IOS devices after the cutover.

Second abandonment happens in couple of weeks. For me the abandonment happens once announced. Within hours, many CB groups had moved over to WhatsApp so I'm not the only person that felt abandoned.

Besides the BBMe for Android/IOS and BBMc for BBOS and BB10 haven't been fully integrated.
    Fair enough. And I concede that the loss of interoperability between BB10-BBM and the others constitutes a form of abandonment.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBHermes; 05-15-19 at 02:16 PM.
    05-15-19 12:30 PM
    The thing is...

BBMe works great today, and hopefully will for some time, but will never be adopted by the mass market. It's great for a closed group, and that's how it is best used.

05-15-19 12:45 PM
    The thing is...

BBMe works great today, and hopefully will for some time, but will never be adopted by the mass market. It's great for a closed group, and that's how it is best used.

My closed family group is one, me, as of now. One thing I do like is that BBMe rooms are virtually soundproof as I hear nothing inside or from BBMe group rooms around me ;-) literally feels as I'm by myself...
    05-15-19 01:40 PM
    My closed family group is one, me.
    You've solved the equation for maximum security.
    05-15-19 02:25 PM
    You've solved the equation for maximum security.
    I'm not sure he can trust himself tho.
    05-15-19 02:26 PM
    I'm not sure he can trust himself tho.
    I would imagine his inner dialog is alarmingly loud.
    05-15-19 02:27 PM
    I’m up to quantity of three if you count me, then myself and finally I plus ....
    05-15-19 08:47 PM
    I’m up to quantity of three if you count me, then myself and finally I plus ....
    But will you all pay for the subscription once that kicks in.... is talking to the other two sides of you that important?
    05-16-19 10:16 AM
    But will you all pay for the subscription once that kicks in.... is talking to the other two sides of you that important?
    Sure, it’s more secure according to my other umm 2/3s ....
    05-17-19 03:50 PM
    At the same time, you can only lead a horse to water.
    I extend this analogy to "drink the water with the horse so the horse know the water to be good."
    Yesterday 04:22 PM
148 ... 456