Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-08-19 03:10 AM
175 123 ...
tools
    I've been using BBMe since BBMc was EOL'd. I've spent some time today with the BBMe Desktop app and it's incredible!

I realised that I can screen share from my Windows 10 device to other BBMe contacts on their phone. This is addition to video and audio calls at the same time.

Am I the only one that thinks this is an incredible feature that no other messaging app has? The quality of the simultaneous video/audio chat and screen share is incredible. My contacts can see and hear everything I am doing on my screen with crystal clarity.

Wow.

Just thought I would share.
    rarsen, CrackPriv, BBeast and 6 others like this.
    05-11-19 09:14 AM
    Yeah, BBMe for desktop is pretty sweet. It's really clean and just plain works. So much better than Emtek's attempt at BBM desktop for consumers.
    05-11-19 09:33 AM
    Yeah, BBMe for desktop is pretty sweet. It's really clean and just plain works. So much better than Emtek's attempt at BBM desktop for consumers.
    Yeah, I was shocked at how powerful it is.
    BBeast and givechanceachance like this.
    05-11-19 09:36 AM
    Conite! Here again someone is bringung out good things about BBMe!
    You must declare now, it is not good for the business! Shareholders will loose their money!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CrackPriv; 05-11-19 at 09:54 AM.
    05-11-19 09:38 AM
    I hope that BlackBerry expands the features of BBMe and BBMe Desktop. Right now, for a few dollars a year, you get a secure and high-grade encrypted collaboration tool, does not require a phone number, that works cross-platform, supports individual and groups messaging, timed messages and retraction, protects against screenshots, does not collect user data for monetization purposes, has crystal clear audio and video, screen sharing and can be used on multiple devices simultaneously.

I can't think of anything on the market right now that doesn't cost 50 times more that does all this.

Am I missing something?
    CrackPriv, BBeast and JPD404 like this.
    05-11-19 09:49 AM
    I hope that BlackBerry expands the features of BBMe and BBMe Desktop. Right now, for a few dollars a year, you get a secure and high-grade encrypted collaboration tool, does not require a phone number, that works cross-platform, supports individual and groups messaging, timed messages and retraction, protects against screenshots, does not collect user data for monetization purposes, has crystal clear audio and video, screen sharing and can be used on multiple devices simultaneously.

I can't think of anything on the market right now that doesn't cost 50 times more that does all this.

Am I missing something?
    I would like to invite you to BBMe and -If you want- add you to the BBMe Supporters Group
    - EF007BFE

Posted via CB10
    05-11-19 10:08 AM
    Conite! Here again someone is bringung out good things about BBMe!
    You must declare now, it is not good for the business! Shareholders will loose their money!

Posted via CB10
    I've said a million times that BBMe is a decent product. Let it go.
    BigAl_BB9900 and seletok like this.
    05-11-19 10:26 AM
    Conite, its obvious people are Thrilled with BBMe Desktop. Like 90% of posts anywhere...
    Its not 'decent' procuct. Its AWESOME.
    You have 2 options:
    1) Admit BBMe is great app
    2)Accept that we exposed you and realised u have hidden agenda against our beloved Blackberry.
    05-11-19 10:42 AM
    According to my tally sheet, you've only said it 71,673 times....although I might have missed a few...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-11-19 10:48 AM
    Conite, its obvious people are Thrilled with BBMe Desktop. Like 90% of posts anywhere...
    Its not 'decent' procuct. Its AWESOME.
    You have 2 options:
    1) Admit BBMe is great app
    2)Accept that we exposed you and realised u have hidden agenda against our beloved Blackberry.
    If you insist to keep goading me into this, I will continue to clarify my opinion for the sake of other readers.

Do I believe BBMe a decent product? Yes.
    Do I believe BlackBerry was decent to provide the olive branch after the sudden Emtek announcement? Yes.
    Do I believe that there are better (security, features) alternatives to BBMe? Yes.
    Do I have an axe to grind against BlackBerry? No.
    Do I believe that there is a business case for BBMe consumer? No.

That's it.
    Mecca EL and jope28 like this.
    05-11-19 12:58 PM
    If you insist to keep goading me into this, I will continue to clarify my opinion for the sake of other readers.

Do I believe BBMe a decent product? Yes.
    Do I believe BlackBerry was decent to provide the olive branch after the sudden Emtek announcement? Yes.
    Do I believe that there are better (security, features) alternatives to BBMe? Yes.
    Do I have an axe to grind against BlackBerry? No.
    Do I believe that there is a business case for BBMe consumer? No.

That's it.
    Which messaging app do you think has better security than BBMe? Just curious.
    05-11-19 01:04 PM
    Which messaging app do you think has better security than BBMe? Just curious.
    Any app that has post auto-destruct (not to be confused with timed-messages) and/or out-of-band passphrase exchange.
    05-11-19 01:51 PM
    Any app that has post auto-destruct (not to be confused with timed-messages) and/or out-of-band passphrase exchange.
    OK. Can you give me an example of such a messaging app? I genuinely curious.
    05-11-19 02:07 PM
    OK. Can you give me an example of such a messaging app? I genuinely curious.
    Real (non-consumer) BBMe for instance.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-11-19 02:10 PM
    Real (non-consumer) BBMe for instance.
    I didn't know there was a difference. Can you point me to the document that illustrates this difference?
    05-11-19 02:15 PM
    I didn't know there was a difference. Can you point me to the document that illustrates this difference?
    Just look online. The full version provides access to the idp console, and provides many other options and customizations.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    05-11-19 02:17 PM
    Just look online. The full version provides access to the idp console, and provides many other options and customizations.
    Yeah, I checked my console. It has the following options to turn ON and OFF.

BBM Protected Cloud Directory Service
    BBM Protected Wipe Data
    BBM Protected Disable Channels
    BBM Protected Enable Manual Passphrase
    BBM Protected Disable Retract and Edit Message
    BBM Protected Disable Timed Message
    BBM Protected Disable Private Chat
    BBM Protected Message Expiry
    BBM Protected Disable Voice Calling
    BBM Protected Disable Protected Voice Calling
    BBM Protected Enable Team Messaging for Healthcare
    BBM Protected Active Directory Enabled
    BBM Protected Disable Copy
    BBM Protected Enable Team Messaging
    BBM Protected Disable Video Calling
    BBM Protected Disable BBM Shop
    BBM Protected Disable File Sharing
    BBM Protected Disable Location Sharing
    BBM Protected Message Synchronization Window
    BBM Protected Restrict External Communication
    BBM Protected Disable Screen Sharing
    BBM Protected Disable Huge Pictures
    BBM Protected Disable Upgrade Notifications

Being no expert, which do you think is the one that provides added security?
    05-11-19 02:43 PM
    Can this be enabled? Isn't this the self destruct chats we're talking about?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-19 02:48 PM
    So you say, you've actually been paying for and using this software four years now? Shocking I say, just shocking. ProBB-AntiBB? I'm so confused.

Seriously, I wish people could separate liking a product and supporting a product when it's free versus paid and how that relates with freedom to choose and supply/demand curve.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    05-11-19 02:50 PM
    Can this be enabled? Isn't this the self destruct chats we're talking about?

Posted via CB10
    It can be enabled, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The message window still shows "Protected. Enter a Message"
    05-11-19 02:51 PM
    So you say, you've actually been paying for and using this software four years now? Shocking I say, just shocking. ProBB-AntiBB? I'm so confused.

Seriously, I wish people could separate liking a product and supporting a product when it's free versus paid and how that relates with freedom to choose and supply/demand curve.
    Well, I've been paying for it for a few years now.
    05-11-19 02:53 PM
    It can be enabled, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The message window still shows "Protected. Enter a Message"
    Does it allow you to create a private chat?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-19 02:53 PM
    Does it allow you to create a private chat?

Posted via CB10
    What would constitute a "Private Chat"....?
    05-11-19 02:54 PM
    The Private chat option is a hold over from before BBM Protected on BB10 became BBMe with it's own app.

Back then, the option for a private chat was still built into BBM Protected.
    05-11-19 02:57 PM
    Yeah, I checked my console. It has the following options to turn ON and OFF.

BBM Protected Cloud Directory Service
    BBM Protected Wipe Data
    BBM Protected Disable Channels
    BBM Protected Enable Manual Passphrase
    BBM Protected Disable Retract and Edit Message
    BBM Protected Disable Timed Message
    BBM Protected Message Expiry
    BBM Protected Disable Voice Calling
    BBM Protected Disable Protected Voice Calling
    BBM Protected Enable Team Messaging for Healthcare
    BBM Protected Active Directory Enabled
    BBM Protected Disable Copy
    BBM Protected Enable Team Messaging
    BBM Protected Disable Video Calling
    BBM Protected Disable BBM Shop
    BBM Protected Disable File Sharing
    BBM Protected Disable Location Sharing
    BBM Protected Message Synchronization Window
    BBM Protected Restrict External Communication
    BBM Protected Disable Screen Sharing
    BBM Protected Disable Huge Pictures
    BBM Protected Disable Upgrade Notifications

Being no expert, which do you think is the one that provides added security?
    Enable Manual Passphrase
    Message Expiry
    valer466 likes this.
    05-11-19 02:58 PM
175 123 ...