08-05-17 04:42 PM
188 ... 678
tools
    Another update...

So I received a reply to the above....I guess I will have to reply asking to have each point sent as a feature request....

I'm beginning to think the outsourced support gets paid by the message they send, since (to me anyways) it seems obvious I wanted these issues to be forwarded on to dev.

Hello Peter,

I have forward your inquiries to the Developers and they have provided feedback from them:

1) After updating BBM Enterprise to the latest version, upon ending a chat then starting a new chat with the same contact, the entire conversation is restored. Prior to the latest update, when ending the chat it cleared the conversation (desired and critical functionality for privacy and security) on the device and a new chat would start with a blank message screen.
    - This is currently by design for BBM Enterprise
    - A new feature enhancement request would be required to make this an option in the future.

2) private chat functionality was removed with this update
    - This is correct

3) no ability to take screenshots inside BBM Enterprise on Android, yet clients using consumer BBM are able to on their end.
    - This is correct

4) ability to send a "Ping" to another BBM Enterprise contact was removed. Only able to "Ping" contacts that are using consumer BBM
    - This is correct

5) ability to participate in groups created on standard BBM removed (as well as enhanced groups, calendar integration, attachments, etc)
    - This is correct

6) no ability to have a BBM video conversation with clients using BB10 devices (using consumer BBM, and BBM Enterprise)
    - This is correct

Please note that a separate ticket must be submitted for each enhancement request along with the justification for the feature, from Customer opportunity, Reason for priority selection, and Insights into related competitive offerings

Ideas / feature request:

1) When ending a chat, remove the conversation from the window... and archive it to a separate space (which is accessible with the header bar displayed at the top of the new chat window) ,when creating a new chat
    - This is an interesting idea and worth submitting for a enhancement request

2) ability to retract/permanently delete the archived chat history for both sides for the archived "chat history" compartmentalized area.
    - This idea also has merit and should be submitted for enhancement request.

Sincerely,

Carlos Lewis.
    07-20-17 01:35 PM
    So the lost PING Feature is NOT a bug? They removed it ????? that is a joke, isn't it?

So during the last 12 months, BBM-E lost so many features, do they want to "kill" it? Or is this the "we do not want BBM-E customers" ?
    07-24-17 12:42 AM
    There was an update pushed through today but I don't see any difference and none of the features they took away made it back.

Starting to look at other options tomorrow. I mean, we paid for a service with certain features and they just keep taking them away. Functionality wise, the groups were a pretty big blow, as well as the loss of private chat. The inability to delete a chat from your device and having to rely on the other party to delete as well is a major annoyance (not to mention security issue). Couple that with the fact it shows "message retracted" with a time stamp of the messages makes me wonder if the messages are still in blackberry's cloud. Ping, well if a contact has their phone on meeting mode and isn't receiving alerts, this was the only way to get their attention. Now, I might as well pick up the phone and call them and then ask them to check their messages.

All in all, not impressed to say the least to be downgraded for a paid service. Maybe I'm alone in my thinking.
    08-01-17 11:29 PM
    I too miss the enhanced features of group chats, in particular the shared calendar.

Though I'm pleased about the long awaited ability to make cross platform video calls from a BB10 phone, I'm bitterly disappointed at the inability for a BB10 phone using BBME to video call a BB10 phone using BBM.

Despite not utilising the feature myself I can see the use case for an ephemeral private chat, however there will never be enough security or features offered by BlackBerry to overcome the exposure if one's chat recipient's phone is breached/compromised.

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    08-02-17 02:53 AM
    Oh, and I'm a little confused as to why updates for BBME on BB10 are not delivered through BlackBerry World.

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    08-02-17 02:56 AM
    ...All in all, not impressed to say the least to be downgraded for a paid service. Maybe I'm alone in my thinking.
    Nope; you're not alone. I'm so disappointed with BBM, which was a great tool for my work group. Now, I'll keep using BBM Protected until they pull the plug. After that, I guess I'll have to figure out another solution.

It's frustrating to get a feature we've been waiting for -- cross-platform video -- at the senseless cost of so many other well-used features, both practical (groups) and fun (stickers).

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    08-02-17 09:20 AM
    ...I'm bitterly disappointed at the inability for a BB10 phone using BBME to video call a BB10 phone using BBM.
    Stupid.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    08-02-17 09:23 AM
    I was a really happy user of BBM. No more though. I want my chats to be encrypted, but the current BBM Enterprise lacks nice BBM features. So I will move to Signal once I get my KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 09:49 AM
    As soon as Threema gets voice calling I'll be trying it as my primary messenger.
    08-03-17 12:37 AM
    I was a really happy user of BBM. No more though. I want my chats to be encrypted, but the current BBM Enterprise lacks nice BBM features.
    Agreed. What are they thinking in Waterloo..?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-03-17 07:41 AM
    Agreed. What are they thinking in Waterloo..?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I think they are dumbing it down, so they can offer basic end-to-end encryption for other app developers to use, their whole SaaS idea. Don't see any other reason..

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 11:47 AM
    I think they are dumbing it down, so they can offer basic end-to-end encryption for other app developers to use, their whole SaaS idea. Don't see any other reason..
    Hmm. Aren't there plenty of other alternatives out there for devs? Well, offering out an SDK for an encrypted messenger core, maybe not.

At any rate, I wonder how many people are picking up what they're laying down? It just seems pretty straightforward to offer a BBM developer's platform and also a reasonably fleshed-out BBM Enterprise.

This approach isn't winning them love -- or revenue -- from anyone.

08-05-17 04:27 PM
    Hmm. Aren't there plenty of other alternatives out there for devs? Well, offering out an SDK for an encrypted messenger core, maybe not.

At any rate, I wonder how many people are picking up what they're laying down? It just seems pretty straightforward to offer a BBM developer's platform and also a reasonably fleshed-out BBM Enterprise.

This approach isn't winning them love -- or revenue -- from anyone.

We don't know really, as they only just recently started with their BBM Enterprise SDK. Who knows, there might actually be a market for it. I am merely a security and privacy concerned citizen....
    vincentkong likes this.
    08-05-17 04:42 PM
188 ... 678