Yesterday 12:42 AM
177 ... 5678
tools
    Enhanced groups are not supported by BBM Enterprise on ANY platform.
    All I can tell you is they told me (some time ago) they had to download BBM Enterprise to keep our Protected chats and groups.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-05-17 04:36 PM
    06-05-17 04:36 PM
    All I can tell you is they told me (some time ago) they had to download BBM Enterprise to keep our Protected chats and groups.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Enhanced groups haven't been supported since BBM Enterprise updated to version 1.1. It's been a while.
    Last edited by conite; 06-05-17 at 04:54 PM.
    06-05-17 04:37 PM
    What F'in idiots!

BBM Meetings anyone?
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-05-17 04:41 PM
    It is like buying a car, enjoying it for two years until you go to the garage for maintenance... and they tell you they will remove the wheels and the ability to drive but as a plus they will install wings so you can fly...
    -- and then have one of the mechanics tell you it's all quite reasonable, and you should have expected to not be able to drive without installing the new steering column.

Personally, I am not worried anymore. Back on BBM Protected (who knows how long that will actually work) and I won't renew my licence. I do wish them luck with their BBM Protected SDK.
    Ditto. I'll figure out something else when they pull the plug on Protected.

Of course, that "something else" will likely require me to get another, non-BlackBerry, phone. Grrrrrea-aaaayyt.

itsyaboy likes this.
    06-05-17 04:42 PM
    What F'in idiots!

BBM Meetings anyone?
    Yeah, I fell for that one, too.

06-05-17 04:45 PM
    Enhanced groups are not supported by BBM Enterprise on ANY platform.

I would say : ... any more. It was before :-)
    06-06-17 07:24 AM
    Good grief! Looks like I was right the first time.
    06-06-17 08:04 AM
    I would say : ... any more. It was before :-)
    That's my impression, as well.

My non-BlackBerry team members had to download BBM Enterprise a few months ago to continue Protected chats and our Protected group. We still have all the enhanced group functions in the Protected group because I read this thread and haven't "upgraded" to BBM Enterprise on my phone.

06-06-17 09:52 AM
    I accepted the expensive costs for BBM Protected, because I wanted BlackBerry to develop a good messenger app.
    If I would switch to BBM Enterprise I could not have videochats with my wife anymore, because she is using consumer BBM on a Z30.
    That's just ridiculous.

BBM Protected on BB10 works well for me, it's already a very good app.
    I have stickers, my conversations with colleagues, family and friends are protected, I have Glympse and other nice features.
    They just had to add videochats cross-platform to make it a complete messenger on BB10.

There is no reason to make things so complicated.
    I will not switch to the current version of BBM Enterprise and if BBM Protected stops working on BB10, we will switch to iPhones and iMessage.
    06-08-17 09:57 PM
    ...If I would switch to BBM Enterprise I could not have videochats with my wife anymore, because she is using consumer BBM on a Z30.
    That's just ridiculous.
    Wow; that's for SURE.

There is no reason to make things so complicated. I will not switch to the current version of BBM Enterprise and if BBM Protected stops working on BB10, we will switch to iPhones and iMessage.
    That WAS my plan -- but one of the Android users in my Protected group updated his BBM Enterprise, and now he can't see our group.

I've tried a few things, but it looks like we'll all have to bite the bullet on this nonsense. Thanks, BlackBerry.

06-08-17 10:15 PM
    I accepted the expensive costs for BBM Protected, because I wanted BlackBerry to develop a good messenger app.
    If I would switch to BBM Enterprise I could not have videochats with my wife anymore, because she is using consumer BBM on a Z30.
    That's just ridiculous.

BBM Protected on BB10 works well for me, it's already a very good app.
    I have stickers, my conversations with colleagues, family and friends are protected, I have Glympse and other nice features.
    They just had to add videochats cross-platform to make it a complete messenger on BB10.

There is no reason to make things so complicated.
    I will not switch to the current version of BBM Enterprise and if BBM Protected stops working on BB10, we will switch to iPhones and iMessage.
    Enabled protected plus in the IDP (if you haven't). This will caused chats with standard BBM users to be protected. Also, at least this is what I have observed,* video chat will also work cross platform with iOS and Android standard BBM users.

Hope that helps.

*My observations are on two different Passports, PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2163, using BBM Enterprise, and the others are on various iOS and Android devices. And also, I started on BBM Protected and already had Protected Plus enabled when I switched to BBM Enterprise. I still see the switch for Protected Plus in the IDP.
    06-09-17 05:25 AM
    They took the stickers away, the channels, the custom PIN and today: the groups.

I can not believe that BB killed the BBM groups within BBM Enterprise without telling the customers before deploying the update.

You have to pay for BBM Enterprise to get less:

- No integration in Android hub
    - Paid stickers gone (without pre-notice)
    - Channels gone (without pre-notice)
    - Group Feature with Calender and to do gone (without pre-notice)

The only explanation I can find is: they WANT to kill BBM Enterprise.

And the normal BBM is one of the last messengers that has NO E2E encryption and is developed by a thirdparty named EMTEK

Blackberry, where are you going?
    BBM Enterprise and BlackBerry Hub integration on Android is now available as of the Hub software update on June 22nd.
    vincentkong likes this.
    06-22-17 02:29 PM
    Hi Denis and BBM Enterprise team!

I have opened a service request (and have asked to have it escalated) to hopefully have a few key issues resolved, not only for myself, but for the whole BBM Enterprise subscriber base.

I have been a BBM, BBM Protected, and BBM Enterprise (and Blackberry) user for around 10 years or more (since the monochrome messaging device days prior to the scroll wheel). I understand the "retract chat" and "edit message" functionality that the CSR was trying to tell me would resolve all of this, however this is not the issue at hand.

When switching devices, for example, and opening a new conversation, the chat is blank and there is a header bar that if you click on displays the previous chat history. This is as intended with regard to functionality as it archives the previous chat/conversation after ending a chat (so to speak) as technically a new conversation was opened/created, and if one wanted to retract or delete all of the previous chat history it would be done through there.

At present, after updating BBM Enterprise to the latest version, upon ending a chat then starting a new chat with the same contact, the entire conversation is restored.

Prior to the latest update, when ending the chat it cleared the conversation (desired and critical functionality for privacy and security) on the device and a new chat would start with a blank message screen.

At present the only workaround is to retract my messages and ask the other party to do the same, which is neither efficient, nor ideal in order to maintain security as it is a serious compromise in security/privacy as I have to rely on the other party to retract their messages as well in order for the conversation not to appear on my device (or theirs) when I (or anyone that has access to my device) clicks on a contact to start a new chat/conversation. This is not desired functionality as it compromises the privacy of the conversation should anyone look at my device since they can still see the other half of the conversation.

The desired/previous flow should be that ending a chat effectively removes the conversation from the window when creating a new chat and archives it to a separate space (which is accessible with the header bar displayed at the top of the chat window, as aforementioned above). An added feature that would be invaluable would be the ability to retract/permanently delete the archived chat history for both sides for the archived "chat history" compartmentalized area.

Furthermore it appears private chat functionality was removed with this update, as well as enhanced groups.

Private chat was excellent for being able to have a quick sideline conversation within a chat, or for sharing other data and then having it self destruct/end. I am not too sure why this invaluable feature was removed.

With regard to groups being taken away, I was part of a group that had many contacts added by the various group members that were not my own contacts. With this being taken away, I tried creating a new group chat and then pleading with the other members of the group to re-invite the old members from our original group. This didn't work out that well as when a member wanted to close the chat window on their device, they left the group, which in turn meant reminding them to leave the chat open and having to re-invite them to the group again.

The loss of the calendar functionality within the group means that we cannot schedule meetings with clients and customers that are part of the group. Furthermore the loss of the ability to share documents in the enhanced groups is another major downfall to this update. I see this as going countless steps backwards in functionality.

Another issue that I have on my BlackBerry DTEK60 (and my colleagues on their KEYone's, and DTEK50/60's) is there is no ability to take screenshots inside BBM Enterprise on Android, yet clients using BB10 devices have this ability. This is bug/issue has been ongoing ever since I have purchased the DTEK60 on launch day (and even longer according to my other colleagues who have been using PRIV and DTEK50).

I ask that you forward this on to whomever need be and plead with the powers that be on my, and all of our behalfs to have these issues resolved in order to make and keep BBM Enterprise the leading secure messaging platform.

Kindest Regards,

Peter
    06-23-17 05:07 AM
    ...Furthermore it appears private chat functionality was removed with this update, as well as enhanced groups.
    I agree with all your comments about private chat and "enhanced" (in quotes because these features are FREE in consumer BBM, and see pretty basic) group functionality. More generally, it's hard for me to understand why BBM "Enterprise" users can't get all the BBM features we want and need -- end-to-end encryption, groups features, cross-platform video; and yes, even stickers -- in one app. With the exception of cross-platform video, that's what we had with the old BBM Protected setup.

It's really hard to see this as any kind of improvement.

It's not like I'm not willing to pay, either.

06-24-17 10:49 AM
    To add to the above, I just tried to video chat this morning with a client using a BB10 passport and standard BBM and could not. Since we can't run BBM Enterprise and the standard BBM simultaneously, I had to resort to using my significant others work iPhone, the clients secretary's iPhone and iMessage (since my old Z30, Z10, and passport are at the office in the storage).

So another cross platform bug from one BlackBerry DTEK60 to another BlackBerry device.
    06-24-17 02:22 PM
    This from BlackBerry Support: "I can say that the issue loss of both the enhanced groups and access to the BBM shop and stickers have been passed along as a feature enhancement request.

The request numbers are FER-3263 for the enhanced groups and FER-3280 for the access to BBM shop and stickers."

chetmanley likes this.
    07-04-17 02:10 PM
    Well, it appears we are spinning our wheels...after opening a Service Request ticket on June 20, asking to have the issues escalated after hearing a canned response from a CSR (who clearly has a different job scope), and then having another CSR from a contracted service center (so it appears), I am going to post up the responses in hopes of someone from the BBMe team seeing this to acknowledge that there are bugs and feature improvements needed.

Apologies for the long read, but just wanted to put out there that opening a ticket with a support contractor that does not appear to be able to grasp what is being conveyed is an entirely frustrating process.

2017-06-20 20:58
    After ending a chat, then creating new chat with contact, whole chat is restored.

Description:

Hello,

After updating BBM Enterprise to the latest version, upon ending a chat then starting a new chat with the same contact, the entire conversation is restored.

Prior to the latest update, when ending the chat it cleared the conversation (desired and critical functionality for privacy and security) on the device and a new chat would start with a blank message screen.

At present the only workaround is to retract my messages and ask the other party to do the same, which is neither efficient, nor ideal in order to maintain security.

Please advise how to rectify this situation as this is critical in order to maintain on device privacy. Should someone unlock the device they will have access to the entire chat history with every contact...

Kindest Regards,
    2017-06-20 22:38

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your recent contact with BlackBerry® Customer Support.
    I am contacting you in regards to you case number 0004661087 and I will be glad to assist you.

I understand you have some questions regarding BBM Enterprise chat. Can you provide me with the following information?

1- What is your BBM app version?
    2- What is your device OS? Is it Android or iOS?

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry. We hope to hear from you soon.
    I advised I am using a DTEK60, my colleague is using a KEYone, another LG V20, etc. etc. and that is also occurs on a few other devices clients are using such as PRIV, Passport....All devices are running BBM Enterprise version 1.1.0.24 (the latest version)...

2017-06-21 21:27

Hello Peter,

What you are reporting is a feature of BBM Enterprise that was introduced couple of years ago to give users more control on their BBM chats. Some users prefer to only see few chat windows on their BBM app but they want to be able to look back at the old messages once needed. Clicking on " end chat " gives them that option. Other users, like you, want to end chat and have all the messages deleted as well. In this case, the option is to click on " end chat" and then "retract chat". This is not a work around rather is the way the app was designed. Please read the following for further information Retract or delete a message - BBM Enterprise for Android - 1.1. Let me know if you have further questions.
    Clearly the agent doesn't understand what I am trying to convey, so I responded with basically the message I already posted above in this tread...

2017-06-21 22:48

Hi Akram,

Thank you for your reply. I believe something is being lost and/or misinterpreted in our conversation. Just to clarify, I have been a BBM, BBM Protected, and BBM Enterprise (and Blackberry) user for around 10 years or more (since the monochrome device days prior to the scroll wheel). I understand the "retract chat" and "edit message" functionality, however this is not the issue at hand.

When switching devices, for example, and opening a new conversation, the chat is blank and there is a header bar that if you click on displays the previous chat history. This is as intended with regard to functionality as it archives the previous chat/conversation after ending a chat (so to speak) as technically a new conversation was opened/created, and if one wanted to retract or delete all of the previous chat history it would be done through there.

What you are describing/proposing is essentially a workaround to a serious compromise in security/privacy as I have to rely on the other party to retract their messages as well in order for the conversation not to appear on my device (or theirs) when I (or anyone that has access to my device) clicks on a contact to start a new chat/conversation. This is not desired functionality as it compromises the security of the conversation should anyone look at my device since they can still see the other half of the conversation.

The desired/previous flow should be that ending a chat effectively removes the conversation from the window when creating a new chat and archives it to a separate space (which is accessible with the header bar displayed at the top of the chat window, as aforementioned above). An added feature that would be invaluable would be the ability to retract/permanently delete the archived chat history for both sides for the archived "chat history" compartmentalized area.

Furthermore it appears private chat functionality was removed with this update, as well as groups. Private chat was excellent for being able to have a quick sideline conversation within a chat, or for sharing other data and then having it self destruct/end. I am not too sure why this invaluable feature was removed. With regard to groups being taken away, I was part of a group that had many contacts added by the various members that were not my own contacts. With this being taken away, I tried creating a new group chat and then pleading with the other members of the group to re-invite the old members from our original group. This didn't work out that well as when a member wanted to close the chat window on their device, they left the group, which in turn meant reminding them to leave the chat open and having to re-invite them to the group again. The loss of the calendar functionality within the group means that we cannot schedule meetings with clients and customers that are part of the group. Furthermore the loss of the ability to share documents in the enhanced groups is another major downfall to this update (or should I say downgrade). I see this as going countless steps backwards in functionality. Furthermore, there is no ability to take screenshots inside BBM Enterprise on Android, yet clients using BB10 devices have this ability. This is another bug/issue as well that needs to be rectified as it has been ongoing ever since I have purchased the DTEK60 on launch day (and even longer according to my other colleagues).

I am not alone on my thoughts with regard to this as well as many other Enterprise users ( a couple with over 600+ licenses) are furious over this as well. You can see for yourself on the crackberry forums (since Blackberry shut down their official support forums).

See here: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12906828
    and here: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12890398

Please advise if you can escalate these issues.

Kind regards,

Peter
    Escalated on the 22nd...without a response so I sent a reminder on the 28th

2017-06-28 19:36

Hello,

The case was escalated on the 22nd and I have not yet been contacted. Also, the status still states pending customer action or information.

Please advise and kind regards,

Peter
    2017-06-28 20:12 Follow Up

Hello Peter,

My name is Carlos Lewis. I have taken ownership of this case and I’m happy to assist you. I will be working alongside you to resolve this issue as quickly and efficiently as possible. While we are working on this case together, it will be important for you to be aware of my availability to help coordinate any phone calls or follow-up during the investigation. I am available Mon - Fri. 9am - 6pm EST (EASTERN STANDARD TIME). Please feel free to use this email thread as the primary way to get in touch with me for assistance.

The case has been escalated to our internal resources that handled the BBM app software. As soon as as they provide feedback I will contact you.

Sincerely,

Carlos Lewis.
    Enterprise Analyst
    BlackBerry Technical Support
    2017-07-03 15:19 Follow Up

Hello Peter,

The case was escalated to our internal resources that handled the BBM app software. We will need your device logs from the time this issue take place with timestamps. How to capture debug and verbose device logs from an Android device https://blackberry.my.salesforce.com...hpD?lang=en_US

Sincerely,

Carlos Lewis.
    Enterprise Analyst
    2017-07-05 15:50Follow Up

Hello Peter,

Recording the chat history in this manner is a feature introduced in response to requests from enterprise customers who desired this feature. Chat history is now recorded and follows the user who have BBM Protected enabled.

Please note that BBM Enterprise is much more than just adding another layer of encryption to the existing BBM. We have added a number of features that have been requested by a number of our largest customers, including the default of recording user chat history.

The user guide confirms the chat history will be deleted after leaving your company as seen in the following link - Using BBM after you leave your company - BBM Enterprise for BlackBerry 10 - 1.1

Sincerely,

Carlos Lewis.
    Enterprise Analyst
    Again, agent above claims everything is as desired and sends me a link to BBMe BB10 article that states what happens when your Enterprise policy is removed. Again I respond, but I am having doubts anything will remotely get resolved through this process.

2017-07-05 18:07

Hi Carlos,

I strongly do not believe this is desired functionality, but rather a bug introduced with the update. "...Chat history will be deleted after leaving your company" is because what you are referring to is due to having BBM Enterprise (and Enterprise on a whole) services revoked for the user in the IT policy (whether through IDP or otherwise). Furthermore, I own the company and do not plan on leaving anytime soon.

According to the "Inside Blackberry" article the feature that was added was "Chat content in BBM Enterprise is now maintained after you switch mobile devices.", which appears to refer to what I mentioned earlier with regard to "When switching devices, for example, and opening a new conversation, the chat is blank and there is a header bar that if you click on displays the previous chat history." I have no issue with chat history populating when I switch devices as mentioned above, however I am not switching devices.

A second feature according to the article "Group chat changes: Users who join can see message history ". I am not referring to group chat, rather normal chats. There is big differentiation between the two. One is meant to engage others when adding them to an existing conversation for collaboration purposes, while the other is a personal conversation that is meant to be private and secure.

Also, "Video calling is now supported between BlackBerry 10 and Android/iOS contacts." does not work unless the BB10 device is also using BBM Protected. I ran into this issue last week with another client that is using a Passport.

The article is here: Enhanced Group Chat and Other New Features in Latest BBM Enterprise Update | Inside BlackBerry

Furthermore, even when retracting a chat, then ending the conversation, then creating a new chat with a contact, the new chat shows "Message Retracted" in place of each and every message that was retracted, along with the date and time of each individual message. You cannot tell me that this is desired functionality that users have requested. It makes no sense whatsoever, especially if BBM Enterprise is supposed to be a secure messaging platform.

If you could please escalate these bugs (along with the prior ones in my previous messages) to the BBM Enterprise app development team, as opposed to trying to justify bugs that were created with the app update, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Peter
    I'll update when I receive a response
    07-05-17 01:35 PM
    I also just noticed we lost the ability to send a "Ping" with other BBM Enterprise contacts. However standard BBM contacts can receive a "Ping".
    Last edited by baldy3577; 07-05-17 at 08:33 PM.
    07-05-17 06:10 PM
    I checked Consumer BBM, and it definitely still has the option to "Clear Chat" which will delete the chat from the device, versus Enterprise which says "End chat" will delete the chat from your chats list.

So two very different options. Clearly they set Enterprise up this way on purpose.

Until this delete chat issue gets sorted, an option is to activate the "self deleting messages" option in IDP console. I've been using this feature since I got Protected and currently have it set to 1 week. As each message reaches 1 week of age, it auto deletes off both devices.

You can set this as short as as long as you like.
    07-05-17 09:43 PM
    See but that's where I strongly believe this is a bug, and not intended design, as the previous version prior to the update had "end chat" as well but it would clear the on device history.

My thinking is the device switch implementation that brings the chat to the new device introduced this bug due to the way it was coded where the variable of "ending chat" was taken out and replaced by a variable that just puts the chats under one umbrella, so to speak. I mean I'm sure most executives that travel would want to have their conversations cleared prior to travelling across borders to protect their trade secrets, etc.
    07-06-17 04:42 PM
    Just an update, I received a reply back today acknowledging this was passed on to dev. I just hope all of the bugs got passed along and not just the message issue.

Hello Peter,

Sorry for the delay. This issue was reported to our BBM Dev Team and they a created a Jira Case JI2163491. Currently, there is no solution. but once one become available it will by updated within a future release of the BBM firmware.

I also wrote back to confirm all issues were included in the Jira

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for your reply. Can you also please advise if all of the issues listed in the service request conversations were attached to the JIRA case, as well as some of the feature ideas.

Issues:

1) After updating BBM Enterprise to the latest version, upon ending a chat then starting a new chat with the same contact, the entire conversation is restored. Prior to the latest update, when ending the chat it cleared the conversation (desired and critical functionality for privacy and security) on the device and a new chat would start with a blank message screen.

2) private chat functionality was removed with this update

3) no ability to take screenshots inside BBM Enterprise on Android, yet clients using consumer BBM are able to on their end.

4) ability to send a "Ping" to another BBM Enterprise contact was removed. Only able to "Ping" contacts that are using consumer BBM

5) ability to participate in groups created on standard BBM removed (as well as enhanced groups, calendar integration, attachments, etc)

6) no ability to have a BBM video conversation with clients using BB10 devices (using consumer BBM, and BBM Enterprise)

Ideas / feature request:

1) When ending a chat, remove the conversation from the window... and archive it to a separate space (which is accessible with the header bar displayed at the top of the new chat window) ,when creating a new chat

2) ability to retract/permanently delete the archived chat history for both sides for the archived "chat history" compartmentalized area.

Kind regards,
    Peter
    Last edited by baldy3577; 07-11-17 at 06:01 PM.
    chetmanley likes this.
    07-10-17 03:35 PM
    I also just noticed we lost the ability to send a "Ping" with other BBM Enterprise contacts. However standard BBM contacts can receive a "Ping".
    Same here. Is this " as designed" ?
    07-18-17 11:54 PM
    Same here. Is this " as designed" ?
    From my perspective it was replaced by the high importance message feature (the exclamation mark in a circle that turns the text red).

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    07-19-17 12:38 AM
    No, that feature exists before. and the "red" message does not alarm or vibrates. it is only a message in red letters with an ! at the beginning with no special notification.

The PING seems only be removed in BBM-E to BBM-E chats, not between BBM-E and EMTEK BBM, even protected plus enabled.
    07-19-17 12:44 AM
177 ... 5678