Not sure which update brought this change, but I've noticed recently that BBM Enterprise has started communicating with the following servers:

apis.google.com
    app-measurement.com
    android.clients.google.com
    In addition to the MixPanel analyitic servers BBM has always communicated with (BB10 or Android).
    coffee-turtle and valer466 like this.
    08-22-18 05:55 PM
    I think it was more than just Emtek's BBM that was moved to Google Cloud Servers... With the BBID outages going on, I expect BlackBerry is trying to offload most of their legacy systems to the cloud. As there are a number of benefits to virtual servers....especially with systems that need to be scaled down but still need a lot of redundancy built in.
    08-23-18 08:36 AM
    Not sure which update brought this change, but I've noticed recently that BBM Enterprise has started communicating with the following servers:

apis.google.com
    app-measurement.com
    android.clients.google.com
    In addition to the MixPanel analyitic servers BBM has always communicated with (BB10 or Android).
    Perhaps they are switching to Google Analytics.
    valer466 likes this.
    08-23-18 08:43 AM
    Sadly looks that way.
    valer466 likes this.
    08-23-18 07:51 PM
    It may not be a bad thing. They need analytical data to make better decisions moving forward.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-18 08:26 AM
    It may not be a bad thing. They need analytical data to make better decisions moving forward.

Posted via CB10
    Some here a suspicious of all things Google and all things Cloud based.

But the reality is many small companies are using cloud based servers and services. BlackBerry is now a small company, and it makes a lot of sense to use Google's global services, rather than operating their own servers and switches around the world. It easy to scale up or down depending on needs.
    09-11-18 08:35 AM
    Some here a suspicious of all things Google and all things Cloud based.

But the reality is many small companies are using cloud based servers and services. BlackBerry is now a small company, and it makes a lot of sense to use Google's global services, rather than operating their own servers and switches around the world. It easy to scale up or down depending on needs.
    BBM Enterprise is marketed as using local, on-site servers, located in Canada.
    09-13-18 11:26 AM
    BBM Enterprise is marketed as using local, on-site servers, located in Canada.
    When they made the move BlackBerry did say that they were keeping control of the BBM Enterprise Servers. It was only the consumer side - Emtek's portion of BBM that was moved to Google's Cloud.

BBM Enterprise suddenly using Google analytic, is probable just a coincidence... or side affect of some of the traffic going through Google Servers - if you message a consumer then Google get's involved.
    09-13-18 01:38 PM
    When they made the move BlackBerry did say that they were keeping control of the BBM Enterprise Servers. It was only the consumer side - Emtek's portion of BBM that was moved to Google's Cloud.

BBM Enterprise suddenly using Google analytic, is probable just a coincidence... or side affect of some of the traffic going through Google Servers - if you message a consumer then Google get's involved.
    Maybe, but I've blocked all the google connections within BBM Enterprise, and it still works fine.

So I think its for analytics and not messaging.
    09-13-18 01:50 PM