As the title states, Version 1.6 of BBM Enterprise has adopted standard Android emojis. A real shame because the original BBM emojis were the best in my opinion. I don't see why they did that.
    03-24-19 12:05 PM
    Are they standard Unicode now or the same private use area glyphs just redesigned?
    03-24-19 12:07 PM
    Are they standard Unicode now or the same private use area glyphs just redesigned?
    They look like standard Unicode same basic expressions with a different flare to them.
    Completely different from the original's which I found were more expressive and interesting.
    03-24-19 12:13 PM
    New emojis from BBM Enterprise Android.
    Attached Thumbnails BBM Enterprise no longer uses BBM Emojis-img_20190324_1216253-2.jpg  
    03-24-19 12:24 PM
    Just tested this between my Enterprise Android and BB10 devices.

So if a BB10 device sends an original emoji to an android device on enterprise, it still appears on the android device as the original BBM emoji.

But if I send an android emoji to BB10, it's not recognized and comes up as a white rectangle with a cross through it.
    03-24-19 12:41 PM
    You could paste the original + Android ones into a codepoint checker to make sure.

And from experience getting BBM emoticons to work with something that expects Unicode, that BBM predates standardized emojis shows (Unicode missed the boat on an "emo" emoji, BB not so much).
    03-24-19 12:56 PM
    You could paste the original + Android ones into a codepoint checker to make sure.

And from experience getting BBM emoticons to work with something that expects Unicode, that BBM predates standardized emojis shows (Unicode missed the boat on an "emo" emoji, BB not so much).
    Using that site, I pasted in an original BB10 emoji and it only appeared as symbols, but then I pasted in the new android emoji and it appeared as an actual emoji.
    03-24-19 03:13 PM