Anyone have any info on when this is coming to enterprise customers?

-via my BlackBerry® Passport™ SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163
    09-25-17 04:34 PM
    BB making an announcement:

On: October 25, 2017 at 11:00am to 12:00pm Eastern Daylight Time

Their blurb (just emailed to me) says:

About this event

BBM Enterprise 1.2 enhances and expands the BBM portfolio, providing new features and a new BBM Enterprise for Desktop product. Please join us for our October webcast, as BlackBerry Distinguished Analyst Brian Bernard discusses BBM Enterprise 1.2, with focus on the following topics:
    BBM Enterprise - Overview
    BBM Enterprise - MPoP
    BBM Enterprise for Desktop - Overview
    BBM Enterprise – Security Enhancements

Interested to see what the desktop app is too
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX likes this.
    10-18-17 09:54 PM
    Thanks!

Do you have a link to the webcast? :-)

-via my BlackBerry® Passport SE™ SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163
    10-21-17 09:21 PM
    I follow Rapid Mobile for BlackBerry's Enterprise stuff. Here's a link to the details of 1.2 and the webcast. There is another one that explains how MPOP works as well.

https://rapidmobile.biz/apps/bbm-ent...port-and-more/

It's about time we had a good update for BBM Enterprise.
    10-22-17 12:02 PM
    Thanks! I'm surprised that CrackBerry hasn't picked up on this. It will give the BlackBerry 10 crowd something to celebrate!

10-22-17 04:32 PM
    Interesting. We use the BBM Enterprise IM and Voice in our company. Looking forward to the MPOP functionality.
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX and dusdal like this.
    10-25-17 03:48 PM
    CrackBerry's coverage of this was outstanding!

10-26-17 09:01 AM
    I missed the webcast, is there anyway where I can watch it?
    10-28-17 02:19 PM
    I missed the webcast, is there anyway where I can watch it?
    Check out Crackberry's coverage of this exciting update!

-via my BlackBerry® Passport SE™ SQW100-4/10.3.3.3057
    10-28-17 09:52 PM
    no one mentioned this feature here, life is about main stream which is Blackberry Powered by Android now, we still support OS 10 but it remains us a few people.
    10-30-17 10:58 AM
    no one mentioned this feature here, life is about main stream which is Blackberry Powered by Android now, we still support OS 10 but it remains us a few people.
    BBM Enterprise is cross platform.

10-31-17 01:07 AM
    Nice the access by MacOS and Windows 10 but no groupchats? Everything IM, Voice and Video works fine!
    10-31-17 04:01 PM
    Something people may want to note, you can only see your chats with BBM Consumer contacts in your primary device...the other two will only have chats with other BBM Enterprise accounts. Which, really, kinda defeats the purpose of MPOP. Leave it to BlackBerry to take a great idea and make it suck somehow.

10-31-17 09:55 PM
    Something people may want to note, you can only see your chats with BBM Consumer contacts in your primary device...the other two will only have chats with other BBM Enterprise accounts. Which, really, kinda defeats the purpose of MPOP. Leave it to BlackBerry to take a great idea and make it suck somehow.

Is there any way to backup those chats with BBM consumer contacts then? If you don't see them on your other devices, I assume that means they're not stored on server? i'm considering getting BBM Enterprise just for a way to be able to backup or save my Chat History.

Thanks
    11-01-17 12:28 AM
    Is there any way to backup those chats with BBM consumer contacts then? If you don't see them on your other devices, I assume that means they're not stored on server? i'm considering getting BBM Enterprise just for a way to be able to backup or save my Chat History.

Thanks
    I'm tempted to try switching the desktop client to my primary device to see if everything is preserved, but I don't want to lose everything in the process of trying.

11-01-17 11:23 AM
    Lol I hear ya. If you get brave and try though, update us. I rely on my chat history a lot and not having any way to save it on KEYone is really scary
    11-01-17 12:20 PM
    Lol I hear ya. If you get brave and try though, update us. I rely on my chat history a lot and not having any way to save it on KEYone is really scary
    The good news is, when you switch primary devices, it doesn't wipe out your regular or group chats with BBM Consumer contacts, but you can no longer send messages until you switch back.

The bad news is, on the newly switched to primary device, none of your chats will be recreated, nor any of your groups. So, MPoP is pretty much useless with respect to any BBM Consumer contacts. Not sure if groups with other enterprise customers would be preserved.

Looks like my family will be migrating to Signal.

11-07-17 11:44 PM
    The good news is, when you switch primary devices, it doesn't wipe out your regular or group chats with BBM Consumer contacts, but you can no longer send messages until you switch back.

The bad news is, on the newly switched to primary device, none of your chats will be recreated, nor any of your groups. So, MPoP is pretty much useless with respect to any BBM Consumer contacts. Not sure if groups with other enterprise customers would be preserved.

Looks like my family will be migrating to Signal.

Thanks for the info. Any kind of backup option that you can see to backup chat history, either on the phone or maybe from the MPoP console or something? Even if the chats aren't still accessible on the phone, I could live with it.

Thanks
    11-08-17 07:24 AM
    well it seems that you don't lose the conversations on the device when you switch primary...they are still there and remain when you swap back. also, if you've created bbm enterprise group chats, they done show up in the device that you switched to but as soon as someone Messages in a group, you get the message and the group appears. so, not great, but not horrible. ;-)
    11-15-17 11:28 AM
    Since the groupchats are not available it's a useless application within our company.
    12-05-17 12:40 PM