After switching from my HTC One a week ago to the Z10 I thought I'd give my small review, and how the transfer has been.

I've owned many blackberries in the past, most recently the 9900 although because of the app's and OS, I have stuck primarily to Android and Apple phones over the last few years. At my work, many of the health care professional's use the Z10's and Q10's so I've been able to play around with them. (I'm in IT). When I first played around with the Z10 over a year ago to be honest I wasn't impressed, the OS seemed confusing, the specs left a lot ot be desired, I knew, or had read about many of the app's just being URL links to mobile sites. So that was my take. I stuck with my Galaxy until I picked up my htc one last Oct.
    Fast forward to know, I've been more and more interested in the Z10, many co-worker's having it, and wanting to support our Canadian company I thought maybe I'll give it a shot. After all, I haven't been impressed with my htc one, and Android's lack of security is very annoying.
    So how is it?... I couldn't be more happy with it, and I'm very glad I gave it a try.

The BB 10 OS is amazing, very easy to move around, close apps, multitask, jump around from emails to text, to pictures, to apps, it's a real pleasure to use. The Hub is also extremely nice to use, I like how everything is in one place, and you can get an overall view of phone calls, txt, emails, or go into each individually.
    There are a lot of small features that I've been finding which are extremely useful and well thought out. Take for example the drop down quick settings menu, it has the flashlight. I can't tell you how many time's on my android I've flipped through my app's just to get to the flashlight. Very useful. The calendar is another example, small but nice, it has not only my work appointment's but also the birthday's of people on facebook. Bedside mode is also very handy, shutting off all notifications besides the phone ringer.
    One more small feature I want to point out, when I send a picture I've taken it give's me the option to choose 2-3 most recent conact's, and also facebook. Very, very handy.

My primary fear of the app's is no where near the bad I thought it would be. My bank which I thought only had a URL link, actually has a BB10 app, almost the same, if not the same as the one I was using on Android. The same goes for most of the other app's I used on a regular basis, ebay, wikipedia (native app, very nice!) etc... and once we get the Amazon app store the flood gates will open :-)

Battery life has also been a real pleasure, I often get 2 full days out of the battery. If I take it off the charger at 7am, I'll still have 10% by next day in the evening. My one gave me 8-10hrs...

The Camera has really surprised me how well it is too, I wasn’t' expecting much but it's really impressed me. The htc one's camera is horrible with light. It wouldn't know what to do with light if you gave it a flashlight in a dark room. I took the htc down to Florida for a family vacation because the previous year I did the same with my galaxy and it worked out very well. Completely ruined most pictures... the htc pictures came out over exposed, or too dark. The camera is very bad with light. I'm not photographer but I do enjoy using the camera feature on phone's and take quite a few pictures. And the Z10 hasn't let me down. It seem's to capture color's very accurately, images are sharp, and it handle's light very good. For what a phone camera can.

As of now, I won't go back to Android. I'm super impressed with the Z10, how great BB 10 OS is to use, move around, and the hub.

If you have an android or apple, and read this, give BB 10 a try.
    07-28-14 11:09 AM
    hub is by far best staple for me

always wanted to try htc one but couldn't get around android UI and how it doesn't work for me in communication wise.
    07-28-14 11:12 AM
    Wow. Hmm I thought HTC One has better hardware and would expect this to be true with a Z30 but a Z10 comparison.
    Last edited by deremi; 07-28-14 at 11:54 AM.
    07-28-14 11:14 AM
    Wow. Hmm I thought HTC One ahs better hardware and wuld expect this to be true with a Z30 but a Z10 comparison.
    You can't compare hardware, of course most android devices have the better specs. But you can't beat BB 10 OS, it's by far the best user experience. Way better then my htc One, as I mentioned moving around from emails to texting, to pictures, to app's is such a nice experience, it's fluid. And having a place like the Hub, now that I've been using this Z10 for over a week I can't see myself going back to Android anytime soon. But it's also all the tiny small features that I keep coming across that makes me love this phone and BB 10 more everyday. And don't let the specs of the Z10 fool you, it's a very fast phone, and it has 2GB ram, plenty. Also, I should point out going from a 4.7" LCD on the ONE to the 4.2" on the Z10, I don't even notice it, and actually prefer the slightly smaller footprint.
    07-28-14 11:55 AM
    I was mainly surprised about the Camera... not the rest.. the rest is a given BB10.
    07-28-14 11:56 AM
    you get 2 days out of z10 battery? You must just leave it sitting on a desk....
    07-28-14 12:14 PM
    you get 2 days out of z10 battery? You must just leave it sitting on a desk....
    I have my work email, and personal email syncing, I would say I take about 5 pictures, send about 20-40 text's, definately surf the web for a good 1-2hrs during the 2 days, general use of the phone. It's not 48hrs, it's more like 36hrs. If I take if off the charger at 7am on say Monday, by Tuesday evening around 4-5pm it'll be around 10%, maybe 5%. I'm not on it every minute, but I definately use it every 15 minutes. Checking email, taking the few pics while I'm out with the kids, checking out some websites, reading CNN app, sending text's constantly... so by my standard it's got great battery life.

@Deremi - The Camera is definately a step up from the HTC One. The phone has the 4mp (Ultra Pixel) camera, and while it takes great night shots because it lets more light in, this works against it. Like I mentioned, if you point at some location it over exposes the light, so you have to move the camera slightly but then everything get's really dark. Even though what you're pointing at has good light.
    I used it this past January in Disney World and I ended up having to resort to HDR mode more times then not because I couldn't get a decent photo (and HDR mode is crap because if you move slightly, the pictures come out blurry, which happened alot too). I would point at a sign to get a nice picture, the sign would have great light, and yet the picture was super over exposed. So I would take a second picture pointing a bit off and it became really dark. If your pointing at a target and it's too exposed, or too dark and you click where you want the focus, it just changes where the over exposure is. As I mention I'm no professional photographer but I really enjoy taking pictures with my phone, and the HTC has really dissapointed me. My Galaxy 2 took 10x better pictures and it was 2yrs older.
    And the Z10 takes really great pictures. It handle's the light ALOT better.
    07-28-14 12:51 PM
    I have my work email, and personal email syncing, I would say I take about 5 pictures, send about 20-40 text's, definately surf the web for a good 1-2hrs during the 2 days, general use of the phone. It's not 48hrs, it's more like 36hrs. If I take if off the charger at 7am on say Monday, by Tuesday evening around 4-5pm it'll be around 10%, maybe 5%. I'm not on it every minute, but I definately use it every 15 minutes. Checking email, taking the few pics while I'm out with the kids, checking out some websites, reading CNN app, sending text's constantly... so by my standard it's got great battery life.

@Deremi - The Camera is definately a step up from the HTC One. The phone has the 4mp (Ultra Pixel) camera, and while it takes great night shots because it lets more light in, this works against it. Like I mentioned, if you point at some location it over exposes the light, so you have to move the camera slightly but then everything get's really dark. Even though what you're pointing at has good light.
    I used it this past January in Disney World and I ended up having to resort to HDR mode more times then not because I couldn't get a decent photo (and HDR mode is crap because if you move slightly, the pictures come out blurry, which happened alot too). I would point at a sign to get a nice picture, the sign would have great light, and yet the picture was super over exposed. So I would take a second picture pointing a bit off and it became really dark. If your pointing at a target and it's too exposed, or too dark and you click where you want the focus, it just changes where the over exposure is. As I mention I'm no professional photographer but I really enjoy taking pictures with my phone, and the HTC has really dissapointed me. My Galaxy 2 took 10x better pictures and it was 2yrs older.
    And the Z10 takes really great pictures. It handle's the light ALOT better.
    Which HTC One are you referring to? M7 or M8?
    07-28-14 12:54 PM
    HTC One M7 - And the M8 from what I've read uses the same 4mp Ultra Pixel camera and most reviewers are slamming it as well.
    07-28-14 01:29 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to do a detailed write up.
    07-29-14 01:12 AM
    Hey, great to hear you gave it a go. There is something about BB10 that always feels fresh. I'm sure the amazing muti-tasking has a lot to do with it.
    Enjoy your experience and thanks for the post. All the best.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-29-14 01:40 AM
    Must be a Z30 ^^

There's no way a Z10 could last 36 hrs! Even in flight mode...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-26-14 04:58 AM
    B. V

Love my Z10 looking for its successor or go for Z30 when the price is right for me
    09-18-14 08:10 AM
    No wonder I don't miss my HTC at all. OP has said everything I could have possibly moan about. Am in total agreement with OP.
    I abhor the idea of some monopoly droid keeping tabs on my phone in addition to rampant data mining.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 06:04 PM
    Lol, I wasn't expecting the battery and the camera comments, although the phone is AMAZING (sorry for caps).

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 06:10 PM
    I never tried a HTC never until today
    06-22-15 11:53 AM
    I never tried a HTC never until today
    I have heard about HTC one. Not bad. You can try.
    06-22-15 12:00 PM
    Happy to hear that you back on Z10. After all Z10 is awesome device I know. Enjoy!
    06-22-15 12:02 PM
    My daughter left her iPhone 5s for the BlackBerry Z10, I did ask her if she wanted the iPhone 6 but she says she's very happy with her BlackBerry z10, I may end up getting her a Leap.. only time will tell.

Thanks for the write up, feels good to hear great things about the BlackBerry OS..

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    07-24-15 08:54 AM
    My z10 battery is not that great. Take it off the charger at 7 am and by 4 pm I get the 20% warning. Don't use it that much.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 12:03 PM