Honestly I've had enough! I think Handango sucks and I've put together a whole post full of my pathetic ranting and raving.

You can read it on our web site (Full Story) and then come back here to comment.

Anyone else hate this company as much as I do? I know in my close circle of fellow developers, the opinion is unanimous...Handango is the worst.

08-27-09 *** Update: The day after I posted this article, I received a call from the General Manager of Content at Handango, Guy Waitley. Guy was genuinely concerned about the issues I had with Handango and we spoke at length about them. I got two things out of this call, both of which made me happy.

One was that the things I experienced when dealing with Handango are not indicative of how Handango wants to treat it's developers. Guy expanded on this, but I'm honestly not a liberty to give specifics. Suffice it to say, that there have been and are changes in the works at Handango when it comes to developer relations.

Second is that, as promised, we received final payment early the next morning after speaking with Guy.

So, will we now go back to selling on Handango? No am afraid not. I'm a very unforgiving individual and once a bridge is burned, there's no going back for me.

But, I was very impressed by the fact that we received a call from a real person and that person was as professional and helpful as Guy was.

End of Update ***
    Last edited by Daniel.Black; 08-27-09 at 12:48 PM.
    08-25-09 04:35 PM

Honestly I've had enough! I think Handango sucks and I've put together a whole post full of my pathetic ranting and raving.

You can read it on our web site (Full Story) and then come back here to comment.

Anyone else hate this company as much as I do? I know in my close circle of fellow developers, the opinion is unanimous...Handango is the worst.
    I could not agree with you on this more.
    When we start out with the PalmOS the comission was around 30% and now at 50%. I dont even remember getting notification about the raise in commission. They dont care about developers and their support sucks big time.
    08-26-09 02:48 PM
    The handango commission goes over 50% because they charge all sorts of fees on top of the commission!
    09-03-09 12:39 AM
    I keep hearing these horrors about some of the other sales sites like handango and mobihand, so I've been reluctant to sign up even though I'm kissing some revenue goodbye.

Logic would dictate that it's money I'd otherwise not be making, but human beings have a real aversion to being shafted by others.

So for now, I'll be selling on app world only - I'm hoping that comes to eclipse the other sites - 80%/20% ratio is hard to argue with. Or perhaps handango and others will feel the competition and adjust their rates to compete...
    10-02-09 11:52 AM
    I keep hearing these horrors about some of the other sales sites like handango and mobihand, so I've been reluctant to sign up even though I'm kissing some revenue goodbye.

Logic would dictate that it's money I'd otherwise not be making, but human beings have a real aversion to being shafted by others.

So for now, I'll be selling on app world only - I'm hoping that comes to eclipse the other sites - 80%/20% ratio is hard to argue with. Or perhaps handango and others will feel the competition and adjust their rates to compete...
    I know Handango is a nightmare, but honestly MobiHand has been a dream. They have an excellent interface for developers and are very responsive to your questions and issues. Plus they have a really good distribution network in place which means instant sales.
    10-02-09 12:29 PM
    Honestly, I only clicked on this thread because of the title ... but to the OP, glad you got everything resolved
    10-02-09 09:29 PM
    I know Handango is a nightmare, but honestly MobiHand has been a dream. They have an excellent interface for developers and are very responsive to your questions and issues. Plus they have a really good distribution network in place which means instant sales.
    Hmm, ok I retract MobiHand from that comment then. I have ignorantly lumped them together into "Mobihandango".
    10-04-09 03:37 PM
    mobihand has also been great for me, handango on the other hand - forget it - i never want to post another app in there
    10-05-09 12:26 AM
    anyone still with Handango?

i received my last month's sales report and i think they are cheating me. it says 50% commission but it's more like 70%.

they are becoming the ****s. i will probably remove my account with them.
    11-16-09 10:37 AM
    I wish I'd seen your post before I ordered from this RIP OFF company!!! I never got the game I purchased, and all I get are automated responses that send me in eternal loops.

Fortunately, I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and they instantly gave me a full credit.

Honestly, I've never had worst ''customer service". What a joke.
    11-26-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD