Hi

I downloaded eclipse with the blackberry plug in and also the Java EE 5 SDK

When I load up Eclipse on the workbench and go to the new tab on the menu bar which says Blackberry with the drop down menu, and where i should be able to click on "Configure Blackberry Workspace" it is greyed out so it wont let me click on it to open it up.

I have tried to find out and people say it is the order of what you install them in?

Can someone help?
    10-15-09 01:01 PM
    click window>preferences>expand BlackBerry JDE and form there you can set up the workspace and if you go to the keys and select them the you should be able to configure workspace from the blackberry tab
    10-15-09 09:32 PM
    When I come to the preferences on the blackberry tab its all just greyed out and i cant create a workspace their either?

I have checked everywhere else
    10-16-09 01:14 AM
    BlackBerry - JDE Plug-in for Eclipse - Update Site

Using the BlackBerry� JDE Plug-in for Eclipse™ update site, you can download and install Eclipse� update components directly into an Eclipse install.

Download the full installer for the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse

Installation Instructions
    If you’re using Java� 2 SDK, Standard Edition v6.0, obtain Update 16 of the Java 2 SDK v6.0 from the Sun Microsystems website before downloading the plug-in using the Eclipse Update Mechanism.

From the Help menu, select Software Updates… to open the Software Updates and Add-ons window
    Select the Available Software tab
    Click the Add Site… button:
    In the Add Site dialog, type the URL BlackBerry - Java Application Development into the location text box
    Click the OK button, BlackBerry Update Site appears in the Available Software list
    Select the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse item and one BlackBerry Component Pack item you want to work on
    Click the Install… button
    Click the Next > button
    Check I accept the terms of the license agreement radio button after reviewing licenses
    Click the Finish button to begin installation
    Note: You’ll need to enter your BlackBerry� Developer Zone login ID and password in an authentication dialog. Due to security policy, you may be authenticated multiple times. If you don’t have a Developer Zone login, register for access to the BlackBerry Developer Community
    After successfully downloading the files, you’ll be prompted to restart the Eclipse Platform. Choose to restart the platform
    10-16-09 05:33 PM
    i have the same problem, I made the update, but the "configure blackberry workspace" option is still greyed out.

do i need to change the jre definitions? how?
    02-03-10 03:27 PM
    Before you try to configure the workspace, you have to start a new blackberry project ... have you tried that ?
    03-28-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD