Since some posters have said that I should start a new thread on this problem I have, I am taking their advice. So here it goes:

Hey everyone,

I have a really great app that I am going to finish designing and well somehow the Webworks SDK download file is Not downloading. It shows a pop up window stating that : This application has Unexpectedly Quit. Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
    This is my first time creating a mobile app and when presenting the wireframes in Class, I received a Lot of great feedback and I want to patent it ASAP.
    So I don't understand why it is not downloading for me.
    I am using Windows 8.

I figured it might be Windows 8, but if not what else can I do?
    12-01-12 02:08 AM
    Since some posters have said that I should start a new thread on this problem I have, I am taking their advice. So here it goes:

Hey everyone,

I have a really great app that I am going to finish designing and well somehow the Webworks SDK download file is Not downloading. It shows a pop up window stating that : This application has Unexpectedly Quit. Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
    This is my first time creating a mobile app and when presenting the wireframes in Class, I received a Lot of great feedback and I want to patent it ASAP.
    So I don't understand why it is not downloading for me.
    I am using Windows 8.

I figured it might be Windows 8, but if not what else can I do?
    Sorry if this is a partial explanation (don't have W8 installed yet) But I believe this is related to DotNet version. you have to enable 3.5 too, If I remember well (check into installed programs/windows functionnalities). I'll dig a bit and be back if better track.
    Edit : Hummm ... looks like I mixed-up ... but anyways, may help if you're under W8.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...4/#post7769175

pls see bellow.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-13-12 at 03:13 AM.
    12-09-12 05:36 AM
    Hi, I don't know what Dotnet Version is and I see. That Desktop software 7.1 (pack35) update is a link. I'll check that.

Thanks.

Edit- ok that thread confused me more. I don't know any of this stuff. I just want to know in lamen's terms how to Fix this issue so I can try to build the app using HTML5 Webworks. I have been creating wireframes and comps. This is a class assignment but I am going to go all the way and get my app to BlackBerry App World/World. Right now the prototype works in Flash as to present to the class.
    12-12-12 12:22 PM
    Hi, I don't know what Dotnet Version is and I see. That Desktop software 7.1 (pack35) update is a link. I'll check that.

Thanks.

Edit- ok that thread confused me more. I don't know any of this stuff. I just want to know in lamen's terms how to Fix this issue so I can try to build the app using HTML5 Webworks. I have been creating wireframes and comps. This is a class assignment but I am going to go all the way and get my app to BlackBerry App World/World. Right now the prototype works in Flash as to present to the class.
    Simple words :
    1/ Do not install from the link (choose "save as", place it in a convenient place, say your desktop )
    2/ On the downloaded file (BB10-WebWorks-SDK_1.0.4.5.exe) right click and choose "properties" then apply the settings above (W7 + run as administrator) in the compatibility tab.
    3/ Launch the installer (BB10-WebWorks-SDK_1.0.4.5.exe). Should work.

Details : Cannot Install BB10-WebWorks-SDK_1.0.2.exe - Windo... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Let us know (and while you're at it : bookmark and register the BB Support community forum + thanks the author (in community, not me) )
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-13-12 at 03:26 AM.
    12-13-12 03:09 AM
    Ok I was able to install it using the instructions above thanks!
    Now, I am having another dilemma, I cannot save the config.xml in the Hello World Folder. It won't let me, it gives me an alternative to save to my documents instead. Obviously I am the administrator, and I checked and I have all the permissions ticked, unless there's another way and I don't know it. So I need help.
    01-16-13 01:15 PM