Haven't done any since Web 1.0/2.0 days. Some of my software is so dated (Photoshop CS ffs) but just got hold of BlackBerry Native SDK. Just trying to learn the basics and having a bit of trouble with my phone connecting to the computer and having slow broadband (still) doesn't help as I have to keep downloading fresh iterations of the BB10 OS platform which are about 1GB each.

It will take time but I would like to create something basic to get a feel of how things work.

And I apologise if this may sound really dumb but is C++ an evolution of CSS?
    12-28-13 04:34 PM
    Interested to learn too...

Z10 10.2.0.1767
    12-28-13 04:50 PM
    Haven't done any since Web 1.0/2.0 days. Some of my software is so dated (Photoshop CS ffs) but just got hold of BlackBerry Native SDK. Just trying to learn the basics and having a bit of trouble with my phone connecting to the computer and having slow broadband (still) doesn't help as I have to keep downloading fresh iterations of the BB10 OS platform which are about 1GB each.

It will take time but I would like to create something basic to get a feel of how things work.

And I apologise if this may sound really dumb but is C++ an evolution of CSS?
    No. You are confusing Web coding languages with software coding languages. In terms of bb10 development, cascades is more like the software version of css. Cascades and css both define the user interface of the application and website respectively. The user interface is only half of a software app. C�� is the back end (program logic) that is used by the user interface to perform any background work. Learning C�� is a lot of work. You can probably pick up cascades fairly quickly though and you don't really need to have much C�� for a fairly simple app. However, given your previous experience with Web programming, I would suggest checking out the webworks documentation on blackberry dev site (http://developer.blackberry.com). You should also grab a few books on your own: the languages you want to look into for webworks are html5 and css3 (which is the evolved form of cascading style sheets). Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:28 PM
    Also, you can easily sign the bar as debug in the momentics ide.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:40 PM