Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
  1. jamigraham's Avatar
    Currently my company, The VIP Card, has an iPhone app and those BlackBerry addicts in the office have been dying to get an app similar/BETTER to the app we have for iPhone. We hired a group in India to develop our app for us and they've failed to deliver a working application. We have most of the coding but we need it finished (98% is done) and jazzed up a little bit. We are looking to get quotes from people/companies and I figured I'd reach out to my fellow crackberry junkies before we hired a random business. If you can DM me a quote or check out the site/iPhone app that'd be great!

    The VIP Members Card
    05-28-10 06:55 PM
  2. QuiteSimple's Avatar
    We hired a group in India to develop our app for us and they've failed to deliver a working application. We have most of the coding but we need it finished (98% is done) and jazzed up a little bit.
    Just curious - did they fail to retrieve GPS data or to get info about VIP stuff from the server? Or both?

    Otherwise there is a simple dev rule: developing of 99% of an app takes 99% of the planned time, developing the rest 1% takes another 99% time
    05-29-10 02:41 AM
  3. jamigraham's Avatar
    I'm not 100% sure...I will have to find out from our web development team! Sorry!
    05-29-10 01:04 PM
  4. jamigraham's Avatar
    Okay...apparently they were able to get both but when it actually came to it using it on the device it wouldn't work. It was created to work on the Storm and it wouldn't even start up.
    05-29-10 05:03 PM
  5. anon(5342392)'s Avatar
    This might be a project that I could take on, if you like you can check out my website Genius Development :: Home

    I have developed more apps than listed but those are the commericial apps I've developed that are listed. (I can give a little info of personal request apps I've developed if requested).

    If you don't mind me asking a few questions here first.

    > Are you looking for all the same features as the iPhone app or more? (This shouldn't be a problem, but is more just out of curiosity)

    > Where is the data for VIP Card locations pulled from and in what format?

    > What kind of time scale would I be looking at? (How quickly would you like it developed)

    Let me know if your interested in working with me or would like more information about me. (I am a lone developer but can work fairly quickly).

    EDIT: If you decide to work with me and share the code that you have from the development team you used previously, I cannot guarantee that I will use that code. I may use some small portions if any at all, even if it is around 98% done, depending on the quality of code I may or may not use it.
    Last edited by geeneeus; 06-04-10 at 07:53 AM.
    06-04-10 07:39 AM
  6. Teddicus's Avatar
    Currently working on a development company, we have contacts overseas and are looking for developers in the US and Europe to join the team.

    Initially the plans are to be a JV with an Indian Company, and have specialists domestically and in Europe. As India is great for outsourcing of coding... however, when it comes to the more complicated tasks of compiling it all together into a working app - that we will reserve for the specialists and pay them accordingly.

    If you are still interested, please contact me with regards to time line, budget, etc.

    Can reach me via BBM - I requested based on your posted pin or via email: Teddebay @ gmail.com

    Cheers,

    Teddicus
    07-11-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD