Hi all,

I'm using a BB10 device received from my company. The IT is unfortunately quite restrictive. Does not allowed installing any thing on my laptop. No USB driver for the BB.

On the BlackBerry the development mode is disabled by IT policy :-(

But I still would like to use this device for developing SW.

By playing around with the development mode switch on the device, I suddenly get the switch to on.
    Still, there is a text at the button if the screen saying "development mode has been disabled by IT policy ".

I connected the phone using the WLAN hot spot on the device and set up a new target in Momentics connecting to 192.168.0.1.
    This way I was able set up the device and even could install a debug token on it.
    But I can't get any further.
    In Momentics I can establish a connection to load my app. It always says I should make sure the device is connected and dev mode is enabled.

Has anybody tried the same and has get it working?
    I was really surprised that I could get the switch on and eben could install a debug token. So I assume a connection is basically possible.

Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:53 AM
    You need IT to enable which I really don't see happening. You must ask them...sorry
    11-25-14 03:05 AM
    If you really wanna develop SW for BB10, please do consider buying a device out of your money. It's not ethical to do so from a company issued device. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:47 AM
    I'm having also my private Z30. I won't carry my private device on business trips, because I'm not allowed to take it into certain facilities due to camera in the device.
    The company device has stickers on the cameras, which I don't wanna have on my private Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:35 AM
    If your companies IT deems it necessary to block dev mode then it remain blocked unless they see fit to unblock it.

Maybe speak with you manager for approval to have the policy modified to accommodate just yourself.
    11-25-14 12:06 PM