Hello everyone. I'm nearing completion. (functionally speaking) of an HTML IDE and site management toolkit. The UI just uses the stock 2.3 components and the UI is kind of bland. Anyone have any tips for improving the user experience? Kind of an open question I know but any discussion would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:17 AM
    Hello everyone. I'm nearing completion. (functionally speaking) of an HTML IDE and site management toolkit. The UI just uses the stock 2.3 components and the UI is kind of bland. Anyone have any tips for improving the user experience? Kind of an open question I know but any discussion would be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    Go native?

From the ZED via CB10.. booyah!
    robkd likes this.
    06-18-13 08:18 AM
    Learning c++ is on my to do list

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:46 AM
    My advice.

When I'm porting android apps, give it resizing capabilities. Bbry 10 uses a virtual sliding bar on the joy tom that makes the bottom area of fixed screen apps temporarily unavailable.

Sliding your footer allows users to keep that menu open long term.

Additionally Avoid too much in the android menu (top bar). It's A bit more challenging to launch as rim hasn't linked it to any buttons.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 07:11 PM
    My advice.

When I'm porting android apps, give it resizing capabilities. Bbry 10 uses a virtual sliding bar on the joy tom that makes the bottom area of fixed screen apps temporarily unavailable.

Sliding your footer allows users to keep that menu open long term. Posted via CB10
    Problem is that it is not detectable.
    06-18-13 07:17 PM
    Problem is that it is not detectable.
    I think it is, if your using AIR it's super easy (this I do often). ADT, your right, more difficult...

If you are building for os 10.1:

http://developer.android.com/guide/p...s_support.html

Follow screen support like you would for Android family.

One difference, check the actual resolution etc if you have appropriate draw events in your code. This is unlike android native ADT apps where you usually ignore the screen size and use one of 4 presets...

With that said, it depends on the toolkit and code... I haven't had to delve this far into it as most of my android apps aren't worth converting.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:23 PM
    Also, html apps specifically.

I have a "base image" I use on bbry10, Android and iOS. And I just dump in the url, icon, and custom starting page.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:25 PM
    Thanks KermEd. Right now I'm only building it for the PlayBook because it's an ide, which would look too cluttered on BB10

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 01:09 PM