So I bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and noticed that you can download themes that change the icons and I wanted to start to make some because I have a friend that is an amazing graphic artist. I also know a photographer that could take pictures for wallpapers.

I know that the theme builder 6.0 doesnt work for the new OS7.

So in anticipation for RIM releasing TB 7.0 I am practicing and making icons, etc. so that once it is released I can upload some themes.

With that said, I was wondering why when I change the icon and re-save it, it will show up in the Theme Builder but it won't show up when I run the theme on the simulator.

For example, I click the icon, I go to edit, I edit it, save it, then right click it in Theme builder and press Reload. it shows up in Themebuilder. But when I run it on the simulator, it doesn't change.

Things I have tried:

I go into the theme builder and create a new theme. I have edited the default icons that came with the program just to see if they will in fact change. They won't.

I see that they have in fact changed in the theme builder, the original file as well, but then when I run the theme, the only that changes is the placement of the battery indictor, time etc that I move.

So then I downloaded an icon pack that has all of OS 6.1's default icons. I edit a few of them. Put them into theme builder and then they display there. But again, when I save the theme, and then simulate on the simulator, it fails to show up.

I've even tried to keep the entire directory intact and edit a few images just by simply adding color, then going to EDIT.. CHANGE IMAGES, and then navigating to the folder that is intact and has all icons that I have edited and haven't edited. They again, fail to show up.

Any suggestions?

EDIT*

I attached a photo to show what it's doing...

apparently one of the icons worked.... lol so random....

i cant post the image

img812.imageshack.us/img812/6118/tbimg.jpg
    02-06-12 04:46 PM
    anyone? bump
    02-08-12 11:07 AM
    You can't rely on the images in the pz_folder...you MUST have images named correctly for os7...

Check out the 9850/60 theme tutorial. It has a zip of correctly named images...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 11:41 AM
    Let me Clarify:

The only reason why I said I recently bought a BB Bold 9900 running OS7 is because I am new to blackberry and I am aware RIM has not released a theme builder 7.0, I am not attempting to create any themes for it yet. What I AM doing is creating icons 68x68 , wallpapers, etc in anticipation for the release. Also I am going to be using these to build themes for the other device in the mean time.

I'm not putting them on OS7, im using a 9800 simulator running OS6 and im using os6 icon package that i downloaded separately. I strongly believe the images are named correctly because they are from an os6 phone, i compared them to the os6 icons that come as examples with the theme builder, and they are in fact showing up in the theme builder. the problem is when i run it on the simulator, only some of them show up.
    Last edited by papaghanda; 02-08-12 at 12:13 PM.
    02-08-12 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD