Hi there,

I wonder if there is any way to toggle some things on demand...perhaps an app I've overlooked, or perhaps it is entirely impossible...I hope someone can give me some pointers in in the right direction:

- shortcut to enable/disable predictive Text...
    it would be a nice feature, but often its driving me crazy, that it switches to the wrong starting case, or will end an email address with .der instead of .de...

so I'm again on the way to disable it entirely ...

it would be nice to have an key, and switch it on for some texts or off for other situations without going x levels into the options...

- switch easy between 2g/3g or even wifi or enable a specific Bluetooth device...
    my mothers pearl 8110 had the option to toggle bluetooth...but on our newer blackberry's the only option for the convenience key is "manage connections" and then mess around with the options there...

fine for greater operations, but often i just want to enable one specific bluetooth device (auto connect does not work as I want it to)...

and even more important: switch between 2g/3g on demand...because:

1. we have something called Homezone...but i live in a region were my provider can not guarantee full coverage on UTMS..only on GSM...
    it is not as bad as in the beginning, but it occasionally happens that i sit on the couch, and get an sms that someone called me...but the network thought I'm not in my zone...

2. and on the other hand i want 3g only if I use the net...for push email and BES 2g is more than sufficient...
    but for example when I'm on a train or a building with low cell coverage, I just need 2g in some locations because there is no coverage and therefore the phone does not need to search for a net that isn't there...

long story short:
    are there any APIs or Apps to get this functionality (would be a nice exercise to write such an app, but perhaps someone has already done it)...
    Something like Quicklaunch or so already exists, where someone could tap the side button multiple times to do something...but I'm not sure if it has the kind of options I want...I don't really need to launch any apps, I need a way to switch options with shortcuts...

and in general: if I just want an app for my own phones...and want to use "secure APIs", need I to purchase some sort of certificate, or can I deploy it over my own BESX, and still use "all" functions?
    05-28-11 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD