Since I'm seeing more discussions of hub integration and issues floating around, I figured it was time to make another attempt at linking to a blog post I wrote last year:

H.E.C. Geek: Tips for Hub Integration on BlackBerry 10

Hub integration is harder to "get right" than most developers think. Furthermore, it doesn't help that the officially provided examples actually get it wrong. They don't get it wrong in any major way, but rather in more subtle ways you won't realize at first. Specifically, the examples assume your app can reliably remember the state of the hub, and are insufficiently paranoid in their handling of errors.

If you read nothing else, please at least read the "General Guidelines" and "Common Issues" sections. What they describe will likely sound eerily familiar.

If you're not extra careful, hub integration may still work fine for you.
    However, once your app gets out there into the real world, your users will start reporting problems.
    02-08-15 11:07 AM
    This was a really interesting read. I'm not interested with hub integration right now, but your way of handling language changes from headless is way better than mine, which relied on UI (yeah, I know...)

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 08:52 PM