So they take it out, realise how dumb that was, and put it back again - presumably hoping nobody noticed (except I guess the really early downloaders).
    Actually there are valid reasons behind it as stated by others earlier.
    11-02-11 02:21 PM
    Just updated to .3894 and all works well
    My bridge apps have always worked with this update and the first OS2 release with no work around or any troubles at all
    11-02-11 02:51 PM
    Hmm I'm half wondering if I should give this new 2.0 a go and see how I get on, could do with a couple of the Android Apps thats I managed to get installed.
    11-02-11 02:52 PM
    These aren't "developer" betas. If they were they wouldn't be so easy to get. They want us all to test this, They just can't admit they would push unstable crap out to regular users so they are calling it "developer" beta

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lucian777 and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-11 02:54 PM
    These aren't "developer" betas. If they were they wouldn't be so easy to get. They want us all to test this, They just can't admit they would push unstable crap out to regular users so they are calling it "developer" beta

The 1.0.6 beta worked the same way --- white listing with your bbid/email address and it was pushed to the white listed Playbooks.

Only now --- RIM got rid of their much maligned developer registration requirements (and the need of getting things notarized). You can now download all the developer tools without registration --- so RIM doesn't know who the developers are anymore. Therefore in order to download the developer beta, you just have to tell them your bbid/email address.

So it has nothing to do RIM pushing out unstable crap via "easy" software push.
    Last edited by samab; 11-02-11 at 03:40 PM.
    11-02-11 03:27 PM
    Wi-Fi� profiles are now saved and no longer disappear during tablet reboots

My 2.0.0.3778 didn't lose wifi profiles after a re-boot...?

11-02-11 05:37 PM
    My 2.0.0.3778 didn't lose wifi profiles after a re-boot...?

I was thinking perhaps it just didn't save new ones? Im not sure though.

That said, I am not getting this update pushed and DM wont recognize my PB, as of today. Wondering if something went wrong after registering for this update on their end, between them and my device.

Edit: NVM. I used the link in Post #2 to register, but that is for HTML5. When I registered for the first OS2 beta, I registered for Android Apps. As soon as I tried the Android page, the update showed. Weird.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 11-02-11 at 06:19 PM.
    11-02-11 05:39 PM
    I was thinking perhaps it just didn't save new ones? Im not sure though.

That said, I am not getting this update pushed and DM wont recognize my PB, as of today. Wondering if something went wrong after registering for this update on their end, between them and my device.
    Could be... I haven't added any new profiles since the update...

trickykid likes this.
    11-02-11 05:44 PM
    Actually there are valid reasons behind it as stated by others earlier.
    Sure there are. That's why RIM quietly reversed that decision a short time later.

Left hand..., meet right hand.
    11-02-11 05:45 PM
    my app world is working after update
    deltadiva2 likes this.
    11-02-11 06:00 PM
    my app world is working after update
    Yes. That's because RIM changed their minds and put App World back into the OS2 Dev build shortly after announcing they'd removed it (which has confused everyone as to whether it's in, out, or shaking it all about!).

Maybe that's a good sign... it shows that RIM can sometimes listen to feedback.
    11-02-11 06:06 PM
    Yes. That's because RIM changed their minds and put App World back into the OS2 Dev build shortly after announcing they'd removed it (which has confused everyone as to whether it's in, out, or shaking it all about!).

Maybe that's a good sign... it shows that RIM can sometimes listen to feedback.
    Strange ... I don't think they did remove/put it back (just bet the time to recompile and deploy) ...
    Someone posted on a n4BB forum that it wasn't here ... while it should have ...
    Read post #3 : BlackBerry PlayBook OS v2.0 Developer Beta Update ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-02-11 at 06:13 PM.
    11-02-11 06:10 PM
    can u find out for me how much mb of the ram is it on a fresh start up? thanks
    482MB on mine
    11-02-11 06:17 PM
    Strange ... I don't think they did remove/put it back (just bet the time to recompile and deploy) ...
    Someone posted on a n4BB forum that it wasn't here ... while it should have ...
    Read post #3 : BlackBerry PlayBook OS v2.0 Developer Beta Update ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Updated: RIM Deletes Mention of Removing App World From PlayBook OS 2.0 Developer Beta - BerryReview

^---- this.

Cached web page shows RIM announcement that App World removed from OS2, which has then been quietly updated to remove that removal announcement.

Voila! - as they (don't) say in my part of the UK!

Whether any actual OS2 build escaped into the wild that didn't contain App World, I don't know, but that was certainly RIM's original intention.
    11-02-11 06:25 PM
    Don't download, it doesn't have App World.
    I haven't personally tried it but from previous reports, it said app world is missing.
    It works afterall
    KermEd likes this.
    11-02-11 06:49 PM
    With one hand they giveth and the other they take away.

Do you need any more proof that RIM are completely out of touch with their user base? No doubt they had a huge number of downloads of 2.0 and for some reason think that its bad that end users are eager to get updated software so now they intentionally cripple the update.

Lets not mention that any dev now wanting to keep using 2.0 to develop the NDK now has to have their device crippled but hey devs would never use their tablet like ordinary people.
    You should't believe everything you read AppWorld was included, a blug made a typo based on an errant assumption and everyone jumped on it...

Edit: One of the thigns I love about mob mentality. And not just you, tons of people and blogs started posting it. Too bad people never double check their sources
    11-02-11 07:08 PM
    Updated: RIM Deletes Mention of Removing App World From PlayBook OS 2.0 Developer Beta - BerryReview

^---- this.

Cached web page shows RIM announcement that App World removed from OS2, which has then been quietly updated to remove that removal announcement.

Voila! - as they (don't) say in my part of the UK!

Whether any actual OS2 build escaped into the wild that didn't contain App World, I don't know, but that was certainly RIM's original intention.
    Dude, the blogger at BerryReview and effed up by making assumptions. For example your assuming it was intended to be missing to begin with - which it was not.
    11-02-11 07:10 PM
    So they take it out, realise how dumb that was, and put it back again - presumably hoping nobody noticed (except I guess the really early downloaders).

LOL... no, really, LOL, LOLOLOLOLOL.

You couldn't make this disorganisation up!
    Sigh: It was missing from a list of features, not missing from the actual build.
    11-02-11 07:12 PM
    For one direct link
    Register your Playbook
    i need to want where skype too long for upgrade 2.0 thank Louis
    11-02-11 07:12 PM
    Does RIM actually think through any of the decisions it makes. Just unbelievable...
    Glad to know you checked first before trusting some random blogger
    11-02-11 07:14 PM
    Seems the address bar in the browser doesn't lock anymore. It minimizes(?) when you click away.
    11-02-11 07:28 PM
    cant seem to get the update. connected to dm it says i have version 1.0 and wants to update to 1.0.7. wifi update keeps saying 2.0.0.3778 is the latest. registered my pin a few times over the past 8 hours but no luck.
    11-02-11 07:30 PM
    cant seem to get the update. connected to dm it says i have version 1.0 and wants to update to 1.0.7. wifi update keeps saying 2.0.0.3778 is the latest. registered my pin a few times over the past 8 hours but no luck.
    Try this link: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/

I tried the link in Post #2 multiple times, but no luck. This is the Android App registration, which i initially registered for with the last beta. The link in Post #2 is for WebWorks registration.

Maybe it was a coincidence, but right after I registered there and checked for updates on the PB, it was there.
    Superfly_FR and bulls2213 like this.
    11-02-11 07:33 PM
    Try this link: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/

I tried the link in Post #2 multiple times, but no luck. This is the Android App registration, which i initially registered for with the last beta. The link in Post #2 is for WebWorks registration.

Maybe it was a coincidence, but right after I registered there and checked for updates on the PB, it was there.
    awesome, thanks for the quick reply. updating now.
    11-02-11 07:38 PM
    awesome, thanks for the quick reply. updating now.
    Glad it worked. That is so weird it matters what development site you register from.
    11-02-11 07:43 PM
108 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD