Does anyone have any application source code examples they would be willing to send me. I dont want to steal anyones work i am just very new to java and phone application development (while i do have a good amount of programming experience).

Or does anyone know where there is a repository for Blackberry Storm application source code.

I have been looking through the examples that are supplied with the Blackberry JDK but am having some trouble relating them to things that i want to do.

Thanks
    01-15-09 07:34 PM
    01-15-09 07:55 PM
    Does anyone have any application source code examples they would be willing to send me. I dont want to steal anyones work i am just very new to java and phone application development (while i do have a good amount of programming experience).
    There a like a billion examples included with the BB JDE.

Or does anyone know where there is a repository for Blackberry Storm application source code.
    The Storm is to new, there are really no examples besides the one with the JDE.

I have been looking through the examples that are supplied with the Blackberry JDK but am having some trouble relating them to things that i want to do.

More code examples aren't going to solve that problem, only learning the API. I'd suggest spending some time reading the BB Newsletters, and the API. It is a lot like Java Swing, but you probably don't know swing either.

You are better off just diving in, and then asking specific questions when you run into a problem. Be prepared to spend some time doing your homework, as it is not something you are going to pick up overnight.

Good luck.
    01-15-09 08:31 PM
    It might be easer, learning basics on another OO language. I'd go out and pick up a Java book, and crash course through it.

Inundating yourself with reference material will be useless if you dont know how to read it. And puzzle piecing together a script wont work if you dont know how to make the different codes work together. Remember each scripter has their own style. While the basic syntax will be the same, how people use Variables and how they format their functions differs from person to person.

But please, please dont just blindly grab chunks of code and finagle it to work together. That will just give you clunky scripts that will have lines of useless code and leaks everywhere. Read other peoples code and re-write it for your own use, but dont just copy/paste
    01-17-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD