Any BB in China (os 4 - os 6) without BIS or BES lose Internet network after few hours. Legacy SB don't help. Need to reboot.

There was a guy named Rain, who made this wonderful software which can repair connection by connecting to custom MDS (see the attachment).

Unfortunately, this app works only with OS 5. The author couldn't make OS 6 or OS 7 versions. Maybe someone could help?

If nothing can be done with antibrokennet.cod, maybe someone could make a similar software? Not many BB users in China subscribe to BIS because for China BIS is very expensive. Most of them just use GPRS and reboot their phones with RestartMe.
    App for repairing Internet connection will be very popular!
    Last edited by Alexmam; 08-10-11 at 12:32 AM.
    08-10-11 12:09 AM
    You should say direct TCP/IP network connection problem in third party apps. the title will make people confuse. I am searching the solution too, but it is not a problem outside China. I doubt that there is anybody can solve it.
    08-12-11 08:30 PM
    If someone could make an app similar to antibrokennet for OS6-7, many Chinese users will buy it. Blackberry market is growing in China rapidly but BIS is very expensive for locals.
    08-12-11 10:06 PM
    What exactly does AntiBrokenNet actually do to "fix" your connection? Unless we know that, its impossible to create another app that does the same thing.
    08-13-11 06:25 PM
    Antibrokennet is fixing network by connecting to custom MDS via APN.

Have you tried to install the attachment? It installs properly on OS6 but doesn't fix the network for some reason.
    08-13-11 09:14 PM
    I still don't know what it actually does to "fix" the connection, and I don't think you really know either. (At least not in a way that is useful to a developer.)

I think you need to talk to this RAiN person and see if he can fix it, or make the source code available.

I attempted to investigate the app myself, and all I can tell is two things:
    1) It is probably doing something completely undocumented
    2) I think the developer of "yuchberry" may have talked with RAiN, and knows something about it:
    yuchberry -
    08-13-11 10:24 PM
    RAiN can't fix it as I understood from Chinese forums, that's why I have posted here. I will try to talk with this guy to make source code available.
    08-13-11 10:43 PM
    RAiN didn't answer. No source code will be available.
    08-19-11 12:04 AM
    This is OS6 for 9700 made by Chinese guys. Network problem is fixed in this release. Maybe it will give you an idea how that app works. http://u.115.com/file/dnh34o24
    08-22-11 04:26 AM
    I still don't know what it actually does to "fix" the connection, and I don't think you really know either. (At least not in a way that is useful to a developer.)
    You need to try it on OS5 because it uses some kind of OS5 exploit. That's the reason why it doesn't work in OS6. And if you are trying it on OS6, probably, you won't see what this app is doing.
    08-22-11 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD