After creating several apps, I'd like to create a new app, but I don't know what kind of app I should create ...

Any requests, suggestions or great ideas ?

(Please don't request apps like spotify etc. because there is no API)

Maybe a BB Appworld like program (for PC) that can download & sideload 3rd party apps from an online database ??

(I really don't know what to create )

Jeroen
    07-16-14 04:41 PM
    Telus OPtik TV Remote and the OptikTV Go apps for the Playbook.

Wemo for BB10 and Playbook.
    07-16-14 05:01 PM
    Pls develop a native app for WordPress, especially for self hosting blogs!

Proudly produced by my BlackBerry Z10. Vist My Channels:C000AD9AE & C0003E85B
    07-17-14 06:27 PM
    How about some apps that connect to other devices like the Sony qx100 cameras or Honeywell products if possible.

What about an app that can scan your pictures of plants or animals and cross check them against the Web to know what they are, kinda like a field guide for stuff.

Or something like Jelly? A fun browser based on people's questions with accompanying photos with the premise of helping out with personal answers or providing snappy witticisms respectfully?

Ps I know nothing about developing I'm just a crackberrian who wants to say thanks to native Devs

Thanks all for supporting this great OS!

From my z30
    07-17-14 07:25 PM
    How about some apps that connect to other devices like the Sony qx100 cameras or Honeywell products if possible.

What about an app that can scan your pictures of plants or animals and cross check them against the Web to know what they are, kinda like a field guide for stuff.

Or something like Jelly? A fun browser based on people's questions with accompanying photos with the premise of helping out with personal answers or providing snappy witticisms respectfully?

Ps I know nothing about developing I'm just a crackberrian who wants to say thanks to native Devs

Thanks all for supporting this great OS!

From my z30
    I second the cross checking app. That would be amazing.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:27 PM
    An image-to-definition application sounds incredibly difficult, but if you could get it to work like that it would be amazing.

I have looked over my phone and the only thing missing is a proper native remote printing app.

For everything else I need I found either a native solution, or the Android version works well enough.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    07-17-14 07:50 PM
    How about light display, I have a android app that overrides blackberry dim settings on my phone but only works with Android apps can u make a native one for that. I would pay for such an app. This makes our bb10 screens pop and look amazing

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:00 PM
    Not sure if you are familiar with BlackBerry News. It was a simple plain text RSS app. They was giving you different categories : sports, technology, top news etc... each with more sub categories . I was able to subscribe to what categories I was interested and set a update time frame and I was getting all the news I was interested in. I will love to get back that kind of app. Not sure why BlackBerry don't have that any more.

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    07-17-14 08:00 PM
    I second the vote for a remote printing app or a wifi printing app. (I have a Kodak printer with wifi)
    07-17-14 08:10 PM
    Thanks for all the great ideas ! Keep 'm coming
    07-18-14 03:32 AM
    Please create a native kik and ask.fm app pleaseeeee

Via BlackBerry Q10
    pttptppt likes this.
    07-18-14 06:11 AM
    There was an app for Playbook and OS 7 that would let you control your entire phone from the Playbook (not just bridge). So far the developer hasn't updated to work with OS 10. It may not be possible, but I would love that function back.
    07-18-14 06:33 AM
    Please make an app that could be used as an hearing aid. The one on BlackBerry World is not good at all. Echoes and lags. I'm sure there are many people who would benefit from a well written app that we could use with headphones and avoid the high cost of actual hearing aids.

Glenn's 0's & 1's
    07-24-14 07:28 PM
    Replicate Vlingo and develop a talking caller id please

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 08:57 AM
    I want an app that it detects a certain wifi network that has been previously saved and sets my profiles when it gets triggered. So I walk into my office and once it connects with my wifi, my phone automatically sets to vibrate.

Is that doable?

From my z30
    08-13-14 12:25 PM
    Or you can help me resolving this issue. I downloaded Mobo player for andriod and then converted to bar. It runs ok on PB. It demands the codecs which again can be downloaded from it's website, the issue is how to extract those codecs so that I can put them in the directory Mobo player asks? Btw, Meridian player works too.
    08-21-14 06:43 AM
    Please add font type, like BB OS 7.1. (??? )7

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 11:40 AM
    There was an app for older BBOS called Copy2Contact. It would take all the contact information from an email you received and use it to seamlessly create a new contact. Works much better than current OS does. They won't create one for BB10. It was my favorite business app. Would love to have that again.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:23 PM
    2nd for native kik

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-21-14 09:02 PM
    I use Filemaker Pro database and would love a native app

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 01:00 PM
    New TV show starts September 28 on CBC in Canada called " Canada's Smartest Person". You can play along with free iOS app or android ( Google store, not Amazon) but there is no BlackBerry app. I think many would purchase a BB10 version. Likewise, as some companies, like Westjet, cannot be bothered to have a BB10 version of their free app, I think BlackBerry travelers would pay for a third party version (or the company might pay a developer a reasonable fee for a BlackBerry version as they always blame economics, when challenged on their Twitter, for their lack of a BB10 version)

TCB on Z10
    09-27-14 04:59 PM
    New TV show starts September 28 on CBC in Canada called " Canada's Smartest Person". You can play along with free iOS app or android ( Google store, not Amazon) but there is no BlackBerry app. I think many would purchase a BB10 version. Likewise, as some companies, like Westjet, cannot be bothered to have a BB10 version of their free app, I think BlackBerry travelers would pay for a third party version (or the company might pay a developer a reasonable fee for a BlackBerry version as they always blame economics, when challenged on their Twitter, for their lack of a BB10 version)

TCB on Z10
    I was hoping the Android version would work on the BB10 devices. I downloaded the apk file and installed it. It does partially work. I can register and sign-in, but the problem arises because there is an "expansion" pack that needs to be downloaded and my device keeps failing. I wish they just created an all-in file. Why would you need an expansion pack to use it? Might as well just include it in the original download, no?

So looks like we are out of luck, unless someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong with the expansion pack. If there is a way for us to get the pack, please let me know.

Thanks.
    10-05-14 07:40 PM
    Would love to see a native I.C.E. App that is accessible from lock screen. I see ios 8 has it now. I'm not an iPhone guy buy a long shot, but they figured this one out. BlackBerry needs to do this too.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:03 AM
    Third-party (obviously) Google Keep client, if possible.
    10-06-14 11:15 PM
    Native Torrent client?
    If BlackBerry don't accept it make it available as bar file. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:19 PM
31 12