Hey Guys,

First off I would like to mention that I am no app developer or anything..

Second, I am very fond of adblock apps and they are life savers.. Of course, Android has root and all the good stuff but BB10 is a different system and platform.. Among all the apps that are not available in the AppWorld, adfree is one app that I miss the most.. Specially, since the stock browser has flash support it makes it even harder to go surf the net because of the number of flash enabled advertises.. I know I can turn off the flash support but then I won't be able to view the content of the website that I want to see.

So, lets get to the point.. My humble request to you all great BB APP developers can you please create an adblock app that can stop all the madness that a person experiences every time he/she wants to go to the net?

It would be highly appreciated by all members of this community and every BlackBerry user..

thanks
    SirJes, SlcCorrado and vivsrulz like this.
    03-26-13 11:10 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:49 PM
    That would be awesome
    03-26-13 11:52 PM
    +1

Posted from my Zed10!
    03-26-13 11:54 PM
    Glad to see that at least I am not the only one..

Yes people we need developers attention on this..
    03-26-13 11:57 PM
    Googles in the process of banning them so it'll be interesting to see if BlackBerry allows it or not
    03-27-13 12:36 AM
    Googles in the process of banning them so it'll be interesting to see if BlackBerry allows it or not
    Right, but you can still "side load" them.. What I mean is that iOS, WP, and Android have a big developer community..
    They get all the hacking and things like that, which makes me sad knowing that BB has a good fan base, yet there is not enough going on here..
    03-27-13 01:05 AM
    Right, but you can still "side load" them.. What I mean is that iOS, WP, and Android have a big developer community..
    They get all the hacking and things like that, which makes me sad knowing that BB has a good fan base, yet there is not enough going on here..
    Well traditionally there has been little to no "hacking" on bbs. It's supposed to be a secure environment
    03-27-13 01:12 AM
    There is no way someone could write an ad blocker for the system browser. The security of the operating system won't allow interception.

The best alternative is to make a new browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:42 AM
    Everyone needs it... even the website owners who were sponsored by google ads, etc needs it.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    03-27-13 07:02 AM
    Everyone needs it... even the website owners who were sponsored by google ads, etc needs it.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    Couldn't agree more..

Now the question is how do we get developers attention on to this, extremely important, matter.

Okay here I go, I am ready to put up $10.00 as a token of gratitude..

come on guys help someone to help us..
    03-27-13 08:16 PM
    There is no way someone could write an ad blocker for the system browser. The security of the operating system won't allow interception.

The best alternative is to make a new browser.

Posted via CB10
    I understand, you have a very valid point..
    Lets hope somebody ports a good Android browser.. or even better make it native..
    03-27-13 08:19 PM
    Hey Guys,

First off I would like to mention that I am no app developer or anything..

Second, I am very fond of adblock apps and they are life savers.. Of course, Android has root and all the good stuff but BB10 is a different system and platform.. Among all the apps that are not available in the AppWorld, adfree is one app that I miss the most.. Specially, since the stock browser has flash support it makes it even harder to go surf the net because of the number of flash enabled advertises.. I know I can turn off the flash support but then I won't be able to view the content of the website that I want to see.

So, lets get to the point.. My humble request to you all great BB APP developers can you please create an adblock app that can stop all the madness that a person experiences every time he/she wants to go to the net?

It would be highly appreciated by all members of this community and every BlackBerry user..

thanks
    I believe KermEd is doing this with Secure Browser. Not entirely sure though.
    As has been said here, it can't be done with the native browser.
    03-28-13 10:59 PM
    I am in for it.
    As long as I don't see those ugly ads

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:09 AM
    Yeah. HaTaX got it added to Simple browser. I've been meaning to review his methods for it.

There are some alternatives. Using a proxy on your PC and a Web filter for example.

But it's not easy to implement in app that I can see. So I'd need to do a workaround.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 02:36 PM
    Yeah. HaTaX got it added to Simple browser. I've been meaning to review his methods for it.

There are some alternatives. Using a proxy on your PC and a Web filter for example.

But it's not easy to implement in app that I can see. So I'd need to do a workaround.

Posted via CB10
    Keep us updated..

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:19 PM
    And just to confirm, it *can* be done. A few ways. It's just not easy.

I've put this request beside a locker pwd request. Both need a hook deeper than standard browsing code. my schedule should start getting lighter soon.

Ed

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:40 PM
    Has there been any progress on this? Do any adblocker Android apps help?
    08-14-14 05:15 AM
    The ad blocker apps for android as far as I can tell do not have access to the HOSTS file, I know for a fact that "AdAway-release_Build-02.28.14" does not work on BB10. Can't even find it anymore, thanks to me being so anal about keeping backups I was able to retrieve my copy and save it for use on my Android phones.
    08-14-14 07:19 AM
    The ad blocker apps for android as far as I can tell do not have access to the HOSTS file, I know for a fact that "AdAway-release_Build-02.28.14" does not work on BB10. Can't even find it anymore, thanks to me being so anal about keeping backups I was able to retrieve my copy and save it for use on my Android phones.
    Oh I see... I didn't know it wouldn't work because of no access to the host files. Hmmmm well on Android (KitKat) AdAway doesn't work either and only AdFree does. I'll try AdFree and report my findings once I get my Z30 sometime next week.
    08-14-14 07:44 AM
    Oh I see... I didn't know it wouldn't work because of no access to the host files. Hmmmm well on Android (KitKat) AdAway doesn't work either and only AdFree does. I'll try AdFree and report my findings once I get my Z30 sometime next week.
    The version I linked does work on Android. I use it on my S4 and Nexus 5. You also need root for it to work properly. Both are running CM 11, KitKat 4.4.4
    08-14-14 09:35 AM