I don't have much experience with gifs so far and am wondering what restrictions there are in regards to the size and so on of the gifs already in place in the standard themes.

For example, the hourglass/loading gif is 28x28. Does this mean that anything larger won't work or will be auto resized down? If I take a gif from the internet that is too large, can it be resized at all? Probably a noob question but I have no idea.

Is there a consideration with the number of frames or anything I have to follow for them to work in plazmic? Or anything special I need to do in order to make a gif work?

Can existing gifs be "broken down" (sorry, don't know how else to put it) into their component frames or anything like that?

And help appreciated.
    07-08-09 04:09 AM
    My experience is that it should be the same ratio (28X28 or 56X56 but not 28X56) will work. However you will get better results by using a good picture editor to resize it and clean it up. I noticed that Plazmic occasionally does some strange things with conversions.
    07-08-09 08:58 AM
    Okay so it looks like I have a handle on the hourglass.

But regards the two lil blue up and down arrows. Why are they gifs and how many frames are there in them? I'd like to change them but not sure if I can just make my own arrow (using same size) and just name it .gif?

Or is it more involved than that?
    07-08-09 10:27 AM
    I don't think they are animated. I thought they were single framed files.
    07-08-09 03:24 PM
    Yes the hourglass icon is an Animated Gif file, it does contain frames, how many depends on how many you want, however its best to do as few as possible.

There are many free Animated gif editers avaliable, you can do a google search or go to download.com and search their site.

You do not have to have it square, and there is no certain size, but I would recomend keeping it close to the default size.
    07-08-09 06:52 PM
    Thanks for the info Weld.

I'm still not sure about the 2 lil blue up/down arrows. They're gifs when I look at the files in tb but I'm not sure why. They don't really seem to do anything.

So I don't know whether I can just make 2 new icons, and save them as gif files?

And yeah, google is my friend.
    07-09-09 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD