Hello all, I recently loaded windows 7, so I had to install all my previous programs again. I installed the blackberry JDE 4.7 that I had on my laptop running in vista. When trying to install it, it showed me that it needed JDK installed on my system. I went ahead and downloaded JDK 5.0 EE first then I installed Blackberry JDE.

Now that I try to open JDE it throws me an error saying it cant find javaw

does this have anything to do with my laptop running on windows 7? if not, how do I fix this?
    10-23-09 12:25 PM
    Its just that windows 7 is not supported yet but if you have profession or ultimate in windows 7 you can run it in XPMode. Thats what im having to do until its available on Windows 7 officially.
    10-26-09 11:40 PM
    Its just that windows 7 is not supported yet but if you have profession or ultimate in windows 7 you can run it in XPMode. Thats what im having to do until its available on Windows 7 officially.
    I fixed it , all I had was missing the latest JDK and the path wasnt added in my computer, once I did all that I got it to work. so yeah, windows 7 does not cause any compatibility issues at the moment from what I can see
    11-05-09 08:29 AM
    Before you get in too deep with the JDE, you might want to look at Eclipse and the BB Jave plugin. I attended a developer day at RIM last week and they are planning to move away from their own JDE and focus their effort on the use of Eclipse. I noticed over the weekend that the instructions on how to get this working on the RIM developer website are much simpler now and there is a video that gives an intro to the IDE along with an explanation of how to import code from the JDE to an Eclipse project.
    11-09-09 04:55 AM
    Before you get in too deep with the JDE, you might want to look at Eclipse and the BB Jave plugin. I attended a developer day at RIM last week and they are planning to move away from their own JDE and focus their effort on the use of Eclipse. I noticed over the weekend that the instructions on how to get this working on the RIM developer website are much simpler now and there is a video that gives an intro to the IDE along with an explanation of how to import code from the JDE to an Eclipse project.
    yeah I agree with you on that. I actually have both compilers running on my pc, but I like to use more Eclipse, since its a more friendly compiler than RIM's JDE.
    11-09-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD