Because I am really starting to hate using it.

Stickers - do not want, but now they are shoved in my face when I go to use a smiley? This is not why I have bought... 4 BlackBerry devices "BlackBerry "...

Shop - do not want.

Channels - who gives a damn? I mean, really, who cares?

And the default action when typing on the Q10 being shortcuts rather than typing a message, so any time I want to type a message after entering the program I HAVE TO touch the text box on the screen to type...

Having to manually scroll down after submitting a new message, because the program no longer seems to do that automatically is also a fantastic new feature! Thank you, BlackBerry! :|

Seriously considering going back to the 9900 just to use BBM 6 or 5... the only thing I really use the thing for is bbm chat and picture sending as well as email and the flashlight. I suppose I do use the crackberry app to occasionally ***** about how annoying as **** new BBM is compared to how great of a COMMUNICATION TOOL it used to be...

If I wanted obnoxious tedium when trying to do basic things, I would have bought a Windows phone. At least they often have great cameras.
    johnnyhead likes this.
    01-13-15 03:11 PM
    Well all I can advise on is the short cuts when typing, this is a bug I've had only on various OS versions, currently not having that issue. What OS are you?

Why can't you just ignore channels and the shop?

Check out IWIK at BBM Channel C002FA57C
    01-13-15 03:33 PM
    Yes it is - All you have to do is get the source code from BlackBerry and make your own BBM - Do whatever you want to do with it then.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:37 PM
    Damn, that channels thing is about to get you mugged around here...

Honestly, like all products, you have to take what they give you. BBM is generating some cash flow, and with that will come some people not liking that. Personally, I refrain from leaving a conversation window unless I really have to - just swipe and you're onto the next one
    01-13-15 04:19 PM
    Needs to be an option to remove Stickers
    01-13-15 05:28 PM
    Needs to be an option to remove Stickers
    This right there

I ignore the shop and channels no problems - not sure why you can't op? Do you actually use the bbm icon to get to your bbm? Just go through the hub. I never updated my bbm so luckily I still don't get those stickers in the group chat.
    kbz1960 and RWB3325 like this.
    01-13-15 05:47 PM
    Indeed the Channels are easy to ignore, which was the point. Given the plethora of similar things on the Internet, Channels are just needless bloat to BBM. I am against needless bloat in general.

Stickers seems to now be the default smiley, because of the shop, thus the shop is no longer as easy to ignore.

I suppose what bothers me most is essential this:

What I liked about using a BlackBerry, which I discovered on a lowly Curve 8520, was the no nonsense, fantastic workflow when messaging and emailing. I honestly don't give a **** about anything else. So when BlackBerry pushes me updates that degrade the BlackBerry experience I want (and previously had), without offering the ability to retain the experience I previously had, the value of using a BlackBerry is significantly diminished. If all the things I like about my BlackBerry become screwed up and annoying, I may well use something else - who knows, I might end up liking the "other thing" better.

For messaging and emails, I do prefer to use a BlackBerry keyboard. My Z10 and my wife's HTC One Mini are great and I can type on them fine, but I "just prefer" the physical keyboard. I really love my Q10, but the user experience has gotten progressively more annoying due to software updates. I'm already not going to update to 10.3, due to the removal of Flash, the icon UI changes, and other stuff that I feel diminishes the reasons why I bought the device in the first place.

Compared to my desktop PC, which I can install any Linux distro and software on that I like, in any version that I choose, these mobile devices and their proprietary operating systems are an assbackwards joke. Heck, even Windows 7 allows me to run older versions of software if those are my preference. And why can I do this on a PC? Because it's my damned hardware! This BlackBerry is my hardware too and I don't appreciate having someone else's idea of a good time being shoved into my face through the hardware I purchased.

So if you're out there BlackBerry, stop ruining the classic BlackBerry user experience in your quest to... do whatever ever the hell it is you think you are going to achieve. At the very least, you should release a "business version" of BBM, available to any BlackBerry user, that is pretty much exactly like BBM version 5 - just the basics of messaging, groups, and picture /voice note / file sharing.
    01-14-15 01:38 PM
    Just roll back to a really old version of bbm.
    No stickers
    No channels

That's what I did.
    Running BBM version 10.1.0.48
    Phone OS Q10 10.3.0

If you need help rolling back let us know.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:31 PM
    I just uninstalled BBM apps from my Samsung G4 due to its annoying persistent sponsored channels which kept popping up on the Feeds and some I could ignore and block, some I couldn't, so today was the last straw with BBM apps. I can live without BBM apps. (Never fond of BB. I installed BBM apps only when it became an apps in Oct 2013). Now, I'm so liberated. Phew!
    01-29-15 08:12 AM
    I would use BBM more if instead of channels and stickers, when I open it I would find some of my actual offlline friends to chat with...

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 09:05 AM
    Hey BlackBerry!!!!

Are you paying attention?????

Or are you proud of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:18 AM
    Hey BlackBerry!!!!

Are you paying attention?????

Or are you proud of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory?

Posted via CB10
    This is Crackberry not blackberry

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-29-15 10:45 AM
    This is Crackberry not blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Of course I know that.

But it is well known and documented that BlackBerry employees sometimes peruse these threads. It is my sincere hope that they are paying attention.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyhead likes this.
    01-29-15 10:56 AM
    Yes! I believe BlackBerry would get much more honest feedback from here than many other pricey sources...

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 04:28 PM
    And the default action when typing on the Q10 being shortcuts rather than typing a message, so any time I want to type a message after entering the program I HAVE TO touch the text box on the screen to type...
    I'm not sure about the Q10, but on the Passport, you can also put the cursor into the text box by hitting the enter key.

Posted via CB10
    PackmanX and Sulaco757 like this.
    03-06-15 02:19 AM
    It would be really nice to have an option to disable the stickers and shop notifications.
    04-03-15 07:49 PM