And I need some help.

Im having a bit of trouble locating just what exactly i'll need to develop a simple app for my device.

If someone could point me in the direction I need, such as an IDE (if their is one), and any documentation i'll need to look at.

I currently code in c# mostly, but at work today I discovered a problem that could be easily overcome with the right app on my phone. So, any links you guys have for someone that has never developed a BB app, awesome!

If it matters, I'll be coding for a BB 8900, and would like it to be compatible with a pearl as well.
    04-11-09 02:10 AM
    For documentation on developing for BB, go to: BlackBerry Java Development Environment - Manuals and Guides

You'll need to download at least the BB JDE for the version of BB OS that you'll be running (I'm not familiar with what version the 8900 or Pearl are running) from: BlackBerry - Java Development Environment

You can also download a plugin so that you can use the Eclipse IDE to do your BB development. Information and directions for getting started are available from: BlackBerry - BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse
    04-11-09 02:23 AM
    Thank you very much, everything I needed
    04-11-09 02:45 AM
    Hmm, after acquiring the BB IDE, Vista is telling me that the archive is corrupted, then says it installed incorrectly....

any ideas? Im trying a new download, hopefully that will fix.
    04-11-09 02:58 AM
    What IDE did you get?

The Visual Studio one isn't that handy as you need a BIS to install your app's on phones. You will want to make sure you get the regular SDK or the plugin for Eclipse.
    04-14-09 12:24 PM
    Im going to look into that eclipse plug in. I got everything downloaded, but RIM's JDE is throwing exceptions non-stop, can't do anything with it.
    04-15-09 12:54 AM
    Will a Mod please sticky this??
    I see this question several times on every page.
    04-29-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD