i have any idea for a app but i need some help from a blackberry developer it involves wrighting a application to make a call to then do something i dont want to tell you what i need after that so i dont give away my idea but if i could get a email i will let you know more details
    07-17-12 01:31 PM
    I am interested in hearing more
    07-17-12 04:38 PM
    i dont want to tell you what i need after that so i dont give away my idea
    Trust me on this: No one wants to steal your idea.

Developers have enough ideas of their own, and precious little time to devote to their personal projects. They're not lurking around the crackberry forums just waiting for the "next big thing" to get handed to them from a naive new user.

I've mentioned this before

If you read anything from that thread, make sure it's user Peter9474's brilliant comment (snipped):
    What I think is really hard to come by can pretty much be summed up in two words: good requirements.

If your "idea" can be described in 25 words or less... great, you've done a nice job translating your thoughts into a concise form. That's the "elevator pitch", but that only barely starts the conversation.

If you've got your idea described in 2500 words or more, along with some diagrams, sketches, a mockup or two, storyboards, etc, and ready answers to the next 100 questions about the details.... now you're talking.
    Keeping your idea a closely guarded secret is a recipe for failure:

Why you shouldn't keep your startup idea secret

(NYT) Got a Great Idea? Tell Everyone!

(Forbes) Five Lessons Learned From A Day I Spent With 1000 Women Entrepreneurs (Lesson #1 – Don’t fear and share; no one wants to steal your idea.)

If your idea is truly original, you'll have to ram it down people's throats to even get them to take it seriously. Trust me, no one is or will ever be as enthusiastic about your idea as you are.

Chances are Your idea isn’t good enough to keep secret. Of course, how will you know if you don't share it with other people?

Besides, once you release your app, your idea is out there for the whole world to steal and improve upon. Being first to market is rarely a good thing, you know. Apple has made a fortune by not being first to market, but by coming in late with a product that (presumably) improves on competing products.

No that that's out of the way:

1) If you need some technical help, ask away. We've got developers here familiar with just about every tool RIM offers and they're always willing to help.

2) If you're looking to hire a developer, tell them about the project and what kind of compensation you're offering. That'll answer all the questions they're likely to have: "can I do this", "do I want to do this", and "will it be worth my time".

Venture capitalists don't sign NDAs for a good reason. Naive developers have been known to, but even the least experienced contractor knows that that's best reserved for established businesses with a good history of paying on-time -- never for start-ups or other hopefuls.

Good luck!
    Last edited by recompile; 07-17-12 at 04:56 PM.
    big bb and squished18 like this.
    07-17-12 04:52 PM
    ok my idea is a away to get the camera app to stop making noise with out surrenddering the nice gui that rim has made and that would be by launching the app that then would be writen to launch the phone app and then make a call to in my case 611 and then automaticly mute the phone call then lauch the camera app and u can aleredy do this by yourself but im sure people would want a quicker way!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-18-12 01:00 PM
    There are a few apps that silence the shutter already, though I don't know what method the first one uses:

1) ShutUp Camera (takes full resolution pictures, not a "screenshot" like some others)

2) Silent Camera

3) Camera mute (See the discussion on crackberry about this one)

I'm guessing that you want something like (1) above, but for older OS versions?

Are you looking to develop it yourself but with some technical help here, hire a developer, or find a partner?
    07-18-12 09:43 PM
    i want to find a partner vut i want this app to support other os versions and would like it to be crack proof(stealing).

07-19-12 12:11 PM
    i want to find a partner vut i want this app to support other os versions and would like it to be crack proof(stealing).

Heres my warning to you - just a friendly reminder.

You dont seem to get the advice that people are throwing at you and you dont seem to get anything about development. You cant lead a development project knowing nothing except an idea. Ideas are great but it is also about execution, so heres my advice for you.

1) Learn to develop/get a better understanding of the platform and do it yourself....
    or
    2) run far away from this idea.... you're going to get tricked into something or deal thats will not work out well for you. You cant just have an idea with no idea how to manage and maintain it... It just doesnt work that way... if i had two equal ideas 1 from someone else and one that is my own im not going to work with someone else and split my time and profits with them... no one works for free.
    08-01-12 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD