has anyone here made a BB app that has a valid use or is a marketable app??

Just trying to get an idea of type of people in here and the skill levels.

Thanks
    02-26-08 02:18 PM
    yeah i have m8. Im working for a uk company developing an application which hopefully will be released next two weeks.

Paul
    02-27-08 05:05 AM
    Are you a programmer?
    02-27-08 04:17 PM
    yes but why you asking?
    02-28-08 07:20 AM
    Just curious.

What sort of programming do you work with?

Also curious.... Does your company work with the BB JDE or Visual Studio or what?
    02-28-08 09:46 AM
    Oh ok. No problem then.

Well I developed an application which made use of the location class of the BB api. I'm unsing the BB JDE. If you like to see and test the program you are welcome all you need to do send me an email about, because im not sure if it works with the US carrier. The application will be released in the next few weeks, but im allowed to give it to people who email me in advance.

What do you want to build or develop??

Paul
    02-28-08 12:07 PM
    The program you releasing for Carriers or for charge (cost money). How do you like the BB JDE. I have been thinking about using Netbeans with mobile pack. I have used netbeans in the past and i have always liked it.

Though the JDE has the plus of having to be made by RIM
    02-28-08 12:39 PM
    The program im releasing is a free application but you need to pay for data transmission. I like the BB JDE the only think i dont like with it is that you cant import anything ie different API. You have to do it the long way ie. importing the source file.
    I have never used Netbeans before but i try to use eclispe with the mobile pack but its too complicated it much better to use the JDE, but i guess its up to you how quickly you can use new programs.
    02-29-08 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD