I am working on my first theme, and I ran into a problem I can't figure out on my own.

I created a hidden side dock, and it works just fine with one exception. The application does not match the icons that they represent. The problem started when I decided to have an icon outside of the hidden dock that would mainly be used for weather, but i left it open using the "Default device application order".

I also did the same for the 6 icons in the dock. I did not want the first icon in the dock to duplicate the icon used for weather outside of the dock, so I changed the .svg file so that all of the buttons started with "Theme_Button_2" instead of theme button 1, and so on...

I also changed the slot numbers to start at slot 1 instead of 0, because again I did not want the first icon in the dock to duplicate the icon outside of the dock. Anyways after doing all of this, the first app in the dock is still my weather, even though the icon represents my contacts. the other icons in the dock also are one icon ahead of what the application actually is.

If anyone can understand my situation and jibberish, please assist
    03-12-10 06:30 PM
    First thing to do is change the button names back so they start with "Theme_Button_1". This is what is causing your icons & apps to not match. Second thing, if you are creating your weather icon in the svg, you will also need to change the slot numbers back to start with 0 again. If you start with "slot 1" you will need to remove your weather icon from the svg and add one button in theme builder (using app order). Hope this helps.
    03-12-10 07:04 PM
    actually I added the icon outside of the dock with the theme builder, and the ones in the dock with the composer. maybe this is where I am getting my conflict.

I should just do all icons in the composer then. I am still very new to composer so its pretty intimidating.
    03-12-10 07:49 PM
    Actually, either way will work. I would recommend keeping the weather icon in theme builder and just change the theme button numbers so they start with 1 (keep the slots the way you have them now).
    03-12-10 08:44 PM
    Good luck!!
    03-13-10 04:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD