Hello all,

I'm curious to know how much work would be involved.

Add a new attachment type.
    Attach a program to the attachment type
    Write a the program for the attachment type

The program would import the contents of the attachment into the
    calendar.

Let's assume the developer has BB experience.

Would this require special keys/licensing from RIM?
    11-01-08 08:40 PM
    Would this require special keys/licensing from RIM?
    From what I understand, the SDK is free from RIM but any software that requires data transfer with the network (read almost 100% of non-games out there) will require RIM to digitally sign your software for obvious security reasons.

This, I think requires the purchase of digital certificates which don't cost that much
    11-02-08 10:17 PM
    From what I understand, the SDK is free from RIM but any software that requires data transfer with the network (read almost 100% of non-games out there) will require RIM to digitally sign your software for obvious security reasons.

This, I think requires the purchase of digital certificates which don't cost that much
    It's not about transfering data, but rather the "sensitive" APIs..which include calendar data, if I remember correctly (if you read the API docs, the signed ones are the ones with the padlock next to it). The signing key is $20USD, but you can use signed APIs in the simulator without a key; you only need the key to use the signed APIs on real devices.
    11-07-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD