Hey all, sorry that I'm posting here when I really know nothing about creating blackberry apps; I did google searches, but couldn't find anything.
    I want to start making blackberry apps, I have the JDE and all that.
    Anyway, here's what I want my first app to be: I want a homescreen icon that when you click it, it pops up a picture. Simple enough, right? Maybe have an about screen as well... anyways, I was wondering if someone who knew more than me would be able to give me some instructions on how to go about it.
    Thanks guys.
    02-03-10 04:03 PM
    Look up an example for a simple UiApplication.

I think the jde samples even have stuff relating to buttons, etc.

Then it's just a matter of drawing images within a UiApplication when pressing the button. Just don't do what I did and start out with midlet crap. It's so limited it's not even funny...
    02-03-10 05:05 PM
    As papped says, the samples that come with the JDE (but not with the Eclipse plugin) provide some excellent examples. As a starting point, I would open one of those projects in JDE (or import into Eclipse), make sure it compiles and runs okay and then modify it to do something useful. It's easier to start by viewing, understanding and modifying existing code than it is to start from scratch.
    02-04-10 02:47 AM
    Thanks for the advice; this programming stuff is a lot more knowledge intensive than I though, I gotta admit I have a lot more respect for programmers now. I'm gonna give that a shot as soon as I have some free time. Lousy college professors and their anti-blackberry time homework lol.
    02-04-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD