Sorry if my question was already answered. I looked around the forum for about 30 min and couldn�t find it.

I have: BB Storm (OS 5.0)
    Home computer: Windows Vista Home 64

I would like to develop some simple apps for my Storm. I downloaded the BlackBerryJDE5.0.0 from RIM and I have the Java EE 5 SDK running. When I try to install the JDE it fails, telling me that I need JDK 1.5 or higher and nothing was found. It redirects me to java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp but I have no idea what to download.

I also tried Eclipse and the plug-in from RIM, but apparently the plug-in is not compatible with my version of Eclipse.

I�m getting frustrated and any help would be appreciated.
    12-05-09 01:27 PM
    So the issue is with the Java 1.5 installation

Open a DOS-prompt window and type
    c:\> java -version

If the output does not show "java version 1.5.0..." then you have to adjust the Path variable to include Java 1.5. To do this:
    Control Panel - System - Environment Variables - locate "Path" - Edit - add "<path to java dir>\jdk1.5.0_20\bin;" (e.g. C:\jdk1.5.0_20\bin - Save

Open again the DOS-prompt and check the output for "java -version"
    12-07-09 12:11 AM
    I have to admit, it could (should) be clearer. But, it is what it is!

Going from memory, I essentialy did this:

- Download/Install Java SE Development Kit 6 (JDK 6 Update 17)
    - Download/Install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 3.4.2
    - Download/Install BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse (Full Installer)
    - Install BB component pack updates from within Eclipse using BB instructions

The BB docs say you need Eclipse 3.4.0 or 3.4.1, but the 3.4.2 seems to work fine for me.
    12-07-09 09:11 AM
    Thanks, but it didn't really work. I have Java 1.6 installed and it is in the path. still get the same "Not found" message. I could install the JDE anyway but I get the error message

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 5.0.0\bin\Settings.rc (Access is denied)

every 20 sec or so.

So the issue is with the Java 1.5 installation

Open a DOS-prompt window and type
    c:\> java -version

If the output does not show "java version 1.5.0..." then you have to adjust the Path variable to include Java 1.5. To do this:
    Control Panel - System - Environment Variables - locate "Path" - Edit - add "<path to java dir>\jdk1.5.0_20\bin;" (e.g. C:\jdk1.5.0_20\bin - Save

Open again the DOS-prompt and check the output for "java -version"
    12-15-09 10:38 PM
    I am having the same problem -- I haven't been able to install 5.0 (although 4.7 and 4.5 work fine). Is there a link to a zip file somewhere (rather than the java file itself)?
    01-12-10 10:27 AM
    I am also having the same problem.

Java version 1.6.0.20, detected at command line.
    BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse v1.3 MR (updated March 4, 2011)

Any clue? Thanks
    03-27-11 08:03 AM
    Hello experts please provide me they link for blackberry 9780 JDE 5.0.0 or betta please.

Regards.
    07-23-13 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD