Am I the only one hoping we can get a native SDK at some point?
    Looking at my name you'll understand I CBA to learn java, but along with that we are missing out on so many different open source projects that cannot be ported.

I know that BB is not a gaming platform, but it is capable of so much more than what is currently available.
    08-25-10 07:17 AM
    Don't be so lazy...? Java is an amazing language...and I prefer OOPL's...but, I guess it's all opinion.
    09-25-10 07:47 PM
    Am I the only one hoping we can get a native SDK at some point?
    Looking at my name you'll understand I CBA to learn java, but along with that we are missing out on so many different open source projects that cannot be ported.

I know that BB is not a gaming platform, but it is capable of so much more than what is currently available.
    BlackBerry PlayBook tablet may be suggestive of a new precedent. Currently, it supports web-based and Flash-based programming, but seeing that it runs QNX (a UNIX like operating system), I imagine a native C++ method of programming will eventually become available (at least unofficially). And this may filter to BlackBerry OS 7 phones, if they switch those to QNX too.
    09-27-10 06:07 PM
    ...I imagine a native C++ method of programming will eventually become available (at least unofficially). And this may filter to BlackBerry OS 7 phones, if they switch those to QNX too.
    That would be nice.
    09-27-10 06:43 PM
    Don't be so lazy...? Java is an amazing language...and I prefer OOPL's...but, I guess it's all opinion.
    I'm more comfortable with C to be honest, but I do realize Java would be an asset in the future.
    It's just a shame that so many open source projects written with C/C++ will never run on a BB device.

Damnit! I want ScummVM!
    10-05-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD