I'm an EE student and have decent experience in programming in c, c++ and python (and hardware but I assume that's not usefull). I want to create some apps for personal use (program so I can download /manage torrents at home from my phone). What's a good way to get started? Is it manageable?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 12:33 PM
    Very much.

If you want an easy way - you have a few options.

Myself personally, I'd probably install IIS + ASP.Net at home. Basically turn a PC at home into a customizable web server.

Then you could just write a website in VB / VC that let's you control the PC remotely.

On device side you could then just build a dumb (no logic) webviewer app for your device. Add login / controls to the asp.net install with buttons to 'add' to a torre t list or whatever else u wanna control at homd

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-02-13 01:00 PM
    my download station is a synology NAS so software possibilities on there are limited. But it is running transmission with a webui. I can use it on my BlackBerry but it's just easier if I had an app that combines the searching of torrents + adding it to the webui

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 01:26 PM
    I'd look at doing html5 (because it's a one person thing and would go faster) and just use web calls.

But if you want to go all out, cascades would give it a good experience

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-02-13 02:33 PM
    hi,

Would you be interested in developping a project and put it on the Appworld? I am looking for a developper willing to put some time into it.
    09-26-13 10:19 AM
    hi,

Would you be interested in developping a project and put it on the Appworld? I am looking for a developper willing to put some time into it.
    Which NAS do you have and which functions are a must-have for the app?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    09-26-13 10:33 AM