Hi,

I want to create an app for my personal use. I know very basic of HTML (but I think it is a fairly easy language to learn), but is it the good thing for what i want to do?

I want to create some kind of an agenda where I could enter ccomments / notes by dates. I would also be able to search in it, etc.

I know it is a big thing but I take it as a learning experience...

Is HTML the good thing or should I learn C++?

And also, what does it mean when they say a native application?

Thanks for your help!
    09-26-13 10:15 AM
    HTML5 is the way to go ! You can save the notes in HTML5 local storage .

Of you need help, just pm me (or bbm me when the android version is released)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    09-26-13 10:35 AM
    A native application in general terms is one that is compiled code (C, C++, C#, Objective C, etc) and provides the best performance and access to device hardware and features. This is at the cost of complexity.

In Blackberry terms, they muddy up the meaning of "native" a bit to include anything built within their momentics SDK. So in addition to C++, they also include QML/QT stuff which uses Javascript rather than compiled code.

Either way, for a beginner, HTML5 is absolutely the way to go.
    09-27-13 09:04 AM
    In this case, using Cascades could also be an option. Using HTML5 for a searchable agenda allowing multiple entries and fields (date, title, content) is going to involve quite a bit of extra programming that is not basic web stuff. But will be a good learning experience. It will involve writing and reading to local storage, dynamic display of content on your screen. However, there may be dozens of examples out there to see how it may be done. Cascades should also allow Javascript code, from what I understand, but a nice way to create your UI. Either way, it is a nice learning opportunity... You should think about publishing your app, not just making it for yourself.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-28-13 08:03 PM