hi..how to upload themes on blackberry app world?thanks
    07-31-11 08:31 AM
    You need to go to https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvp...ome/login.seam
    and sign up for an account. it takes a while. Once approved, then its not hard to figure out.
    07-31-11 09:36 PM
    Any idea on how long the vendor application approval process typically takes? And once its approved are there any other steps before you can upload or are you good to go. I remember seeing something about a notarization....but I believe that was in the tablet forum....
    08-01-11 10:43 AM
    last i knew.. yes, you have to get the form notarized (although someone mentioned you dont need to anymore. - either way its easy)

Sign up.. then they send (email) you the forms.. then you send them back. Once approved (i think it took me a few weeks total.. dont remember)
    you should be all set to upload.

THEN, they need to approve your upload. Be sure to follow the rules (like BlackBerry, not Blackberry or blackberry when using the name...) no Logo/images of BB allowed in screen shots (except messenger icon etc)
    be careful of using any copyrighted material.. etc...

but.. if you get a theme that becomes popular.. its WELL worth it!!!

FYI.. the payments schedual is messed up. lol.. you get $ from 3 different places... 1 is Bango and will take 3-4 month before seeing the first payment from them.
    08-01-11 10:54 AM
    Hopefully they got rid of the notarization thing...especially with how the postal service in Canada has been. I understand that you cant use copyrighted material, and all my images are custom made (except some of the icons from RIM themselves), but would they really decline a theme submission for having a blackberry logo? I read the "BlackBerry App World™ Vendor Guidelines" and saw the statement about not using copyrighted material, and of course the bb logo would be copyrighted...but I didnt see anything referring directly to their logo....and I mean, this is FOR the blackberry. What I had used wasnt the full logo, just the "7 dots" part imprinted on part of an image. So what do you think, would that get declined?
    08-01-11 11:24 AM
    Yes... if you have a wallpaper with ANYTHING blackberry on it... denied.
    if you are using the dots.. for say.. like a windows style start button. that SHOULD pass. It seems to be mostly the wallpaper that they dont like
    08-01-11 11:56 AM
    Ah ok, the dots were just on an image for the lock screen and the app world icon, I guess I may need to change it. Thanks!
    08-01-11 12:56 PM
    the app world icon is fine.. leave it alone.
    and just dont upload an image of the lockscreen! problem solved

you can HAVE the wallpapers etc.. they just cant be in any of the screenshot. ICONS are fine with the logo.
    08-01-11 01:27 PM
    Awesome, thx again Static!
    08-01-11 02:04 PM
    Youre welcome!
    08-01-11 02:29 PM
    thanks staticFX.
    08-28-11 12:12 PM
    Hi guys I submitted a theme with OS 7 backgrounds and icons used in 9900/30. Will I be approved or they will not approve it? Please reply!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 09:39 PM
    Hi static what's up?

Few months ago i upload my theme Ubuntu-berry to appworld for some reasons they denied it. My question is, i uploaded another theme called Box 36 Dark (Originally Dark xbox 360 but xbox name is of microsoft sooo.....) The theme is on my account for more than 2 months and still on "Pending review"

Sorry for my bad english

-Daniel
    08-31-11 10:59 PM
    Hi static what's up?

Few months ago i upload my theme Ubuntu-berry to appworld for some reasons they denied it. My question is, i uploaded another theme called Box 36 Dark (Originally Dark xbox 360 but xbox name is of microsoft sooo.....) The theme is on my account for more than 2 months and still on "Pending review"

Sorry for my bad english

-Daniel
    I've forgot the question Lol

Why they don't review it? Because i don't fix the bad things on my theme Ubuntu-berry?

-Daniel
    08-31-11 11:01 PM
    Try emailing [email protected], give them your info and theme/app name and ask them the status of your review. You should have received an email within a couple weeks of submission telling you what, if any problems exist with it.
    daniel200 likes this.
    08-31-11 11:09 PM
    Try emailing [email protected], give them your info and theme/app name and ask them the status of your review. You should have received an email within a couple weeks of submission telling you what, if any problems exist with it.
    Thanks for the response! I'm going to try

-Daniel
    09-01-11 12:16 AM
    How much is it to sell themes on app world?
    09-07-11 07:47 AM
    Nothing. RIM takes a 30% cut of anything that they sell for you on app world.
    09-07-11 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD