i have download one cod file but when i installed it using javaloader ,after run command device restart and red light put on.After restart,this cod file installed ,application name came in option,its working fine ....

but when i install cod file developed by me,these cod file installed and copy in download folder,when i click particular application ,its working but not like about cod file application comming in option,

can anyone tell me ? how to make intallable cod file??

thanks
    01-13-10 04:43 AM
    For installation via USB, you will need a cod file with an accompanying .alx file.

For installing over the air, you will need the .cod and the .jad file.
    01-13-10 07:28 AM
    For installation via USB, you will need a cod file with an accompanying .alx file.
    Just to add, that .alx and .cod files are used by the Desktop Manager provided by RIM. Actually you can just copy .jad and .cod via USB to the MediaCard and install it from the MediaCard by just clicking the .jad file

@sam04
    You need to generate the .jad file to make the installation work. The .jad file is usually generated by the JDE or Eclipse, so just check your output directory (where your .cod file is). And don't forget that application that has to run on the real device will need a signing with the RIM keys.
    01-13-10 03:26 PM
    i did continue try to copy .jad and .cod via USB in media card but unable to copy.

i attached device with PC .after detected device one drive is showing in PC.when i open that drive inside one folder is there with name BlackBerry.after open this folder following folder is there:app,documents,music,pictures,ringtones,video s,voicenotes.

i copied .cod and .jad file into app folder but this .cod and .jad file not showing in device ...

tell me the way ..what i to now??

thanks
    01-18-10 12:00 AM
    You can use the application BBSAK to load individual cod files. Download BBSAK here: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    01-18-10 12:37 AM
    thanks you SaneinOne ,through BBSAK , i have install cod file

once again thank you
    01-18-10 01:26 AM
    No problem, glad I could help!
    01-18-10 01:27 AM
    hi SaneinOne. i am new in BB developement.can you tell me the way to learn BB developement? which books , i should follow and links?

one more question: is it necessary to learn j2me before learning BB?

thanks
    01-18-10 06:26 AM
    can you pl explain me how to generate .jad file if I have .alx and .cod files for ant application.
    01-18-10 07:11 AM
    You can use the application BBSAK to generate .jad file from .cod file. Download BBSAK here: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    01-18-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD