I want to be able to highlight my selections on the home screen and still see the picture behind it. I just want to shade it a bit. I also want to slightly shade the background behind the header information so text shows up better on a light colored image.

I tried using GIMP to create a new image filled with transparency. I then go to the layers toolbar and change the Opacity and save it as a png. No mater what I set it to I end up with a fully transparent result when I bring the theme.

Sorry if this has been asked before - I did search but did not find the answer. Any help is appreciated!

-Greg
    02-15-09 01:51 PM
    Ok - figured it out. In case anyone else is having this problem I'll share the answer. It was pretty silly ... It turns out that you have to paint the transparent background with a color prior to changing the opacity. Seems pretty obvious now

-Greg
    02-15-09 10:23 PM
    yeah that couldve been obvious but at least you found it on your own! Great Job! you helped me remember as soon as i read your second post! i was about to open photo shop 4 ya!
    02-16-09 03:37 AM
    This sounds similar to what I'm doing, but no matter what I do the background I've chosen never shows... http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/ti...ground-382302/
    12-10-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD