Okay so I built my first BB application.

It automatically submits to a website:

www,example.com/cgi-bin/post?name=FIRSTNAME?code=123456

but the problem is there is another button that has to be clicked on this website to confirm.

How can I automate this process?
    11-29-08 12:03 AM
    What does your application do?
    11-29-08 12:07 AM
    You only use the '?' once in a URI to separate the actual 'webpage' so to speak from the GET parameters, eg:

www,example.com/cgi-bin/post?name=FIRSTNAME&code=123456

Also it sounds like you may need to do a POST instead of a GET, or include more information in the URI to make the web application understand what you are doing. The http protocol doesn't do button pressing, this is a UI thing.

Although if you are screen scraping, rather than submitting info to your own web app you may need to work round other stuff, and this isn't a simple topic but there is plenty of code out there that shows you how to do this already.
    11-29-08 12:16 AM
    I believe the OP means that once he submits the data to the site that it has a "confirmation" page, which has a submit button. Depending on the architecture of the site (as in, does it have any type of unique token or hash, etc), you *may* have to parse the raw HTML. It could be much simpler (as in, you may just have to append something like "&confirm=true" to the URI), or much more complex.

You'll have to look at the page source and see how its structured.

If you need more, let us know! It might help to post a sample of the confirmation page source.
    11-30-08 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD