Hi all,
    I have been given permission to use an .apk file in order to help the company that created it get it working on BB10.
    I have downloaded and installed Android SDK, Eclipse (failed with the plugin), and the BB native NDK.
    I am not sure what the best method is to take. This is a communications app for business PBX including a softphone.
    I have gone through xsacha's method before 10.2 and successfully gotten the app to work (slightly buggy). After 10.2 install the app stopped working perhaps because of a debug token issue. Currently trying the method again but waiting for keys.
    That being said, the goal is to get the app working properly on my phone without being tied to my pin, and give the working .bar file back to
    the company so they can finish testing and submit it to Appworld themselves.
    I tried the native NDK and because I'm a rookie only ended up with a spinning graphic on my phone. Ha!
    Which method would you use, Eclipse, or native NDK?
    Cheers,
    08-17-13 08:36 PM
    Are you asking what the best approach is to sideload an .apk onto the BB10?

After 10.2 install the app stopped working perhaps because of a debug token issue. Currently trying the method again but waiting for keys.
    First off, I'd find out why it stopped working. Are you certain it was a debug token issue? Any error messages you can provide?

That being said, the goal is to get the app working properly on my phone without being tied to my pin, and give the working .bar file back to
    the company so they can finish testing and submit it to Appworld themselves.
    When you say not tied to your PIN, I think this would be app specific, no? If you install the app, then unless the app is specifically phoning home to register and track PINs I think that won't be an issue. If you're talking about signing the resulting .bar file and giving it back to the company for upload to BB World, then I think you best do it with proper code signing keys meant for release not for debug.
    08-19-13 10:00 AM
    Thanks,
    I'm just starting down this road. I now understand that there are certain portions of native Android code that if present would prevent the app from being accepted in to Appworld. So... next step for me is to verify the .apk with apk2barverify and check what fails. That way I can see how much work there is to be done. I'll try that tonight.

Cheers,
    08-19-13 05:20 PM
    Ok, let us know how it goes. If you need any help, don't hesitate to post again or PM.
    08-20-13 01:27 AM
    Thanks sheran, that's awesome! Much appreciated. Got stuck on something else last night but will try to get back at this later...
    08-20-13 06:06 PM