I only just found out about this a couple of days ago when I tried to log into my vendor account and discovered the websites are completely gone, at which point I ended up discovering they filed for Chapter 7. I then checked the list of creditors and there is a "JC Designs" listed which I am wondering if it should be my vendor name, JB Designs. Either way I've not received anything in the mail concerning the matter. I've also attempted to contact the attorney listed, but so far have received no response.

So... we (vendors) were in agreement with Mobihand that they would sell our products and retain 30% of the profits, to which the remaining 70% was to be turned over to the us (vendors). Customers purchased and paid for our products, therefore we were entrusting Mobihand with OUR money, which they kept.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the legal definition of embezzlement?
    10-23-12 08:05 AM
    I only just found out about this a couple of days ago when I tried to log into my vendor account and discovered the websites are completely gone
    "Welcome to the club"...

I've also attempted to contact the attorney listed, but so far have received no response.
    Same here. I emailed them... perhaps a phone call would be better?

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the legal definition of embezzlement?
    Sounds right. I do hope that either all of us can act together, or one won case will make all other cases follow, since these cases are identical.
    10-23-12 06:23 PM
    "Welcome to the club"...
    LoL Thanks

Same here. I emailed them... perhaps a phone call would be better?
    Didn't bother. Most attorney's have a secretary, and I would be willing to bet that's as far as a phone call would ever get.

Sounds right. I do hope that either all of us can act together, or one won case will make all other cases follow, since these cases are identical.
    Sounds spot on to me too, but was just checking. Only problem is, at least from what I am being told, by filing Chapter 7 they're now protected from any suits and any personal property is exempt. So if they were taking our money to buy personal property, there's not crap we can do about it. But again, that's just what I've been told and I don't know how accurate that is.

I did just submit a lengthy report to the United States Trustee Program for suspected bankruptcy fraud though because I know I was never contacted. And I find it interesting that the forums here document vendors inability to access their vendor accounts at least a week prior to MobiHand actually filing. THAT alone shows premeditation IMHO, and shows they're certainly hiding something if they didn't want us accessing our accounts.
    10-23-12 06:40 PM
    I talked a bit with one attorney about embezzlement/business malpractice/breach of fiduciary in this case
    This is something that would not be handled on a contingency basis. You
    would have to pay an attorney hourly. My guess is it will cost you $10,000
    to $25,000 to fight the case and even if you win, you may not collect
    anything.
    That's just one opinion.

The problem is that we are all in different countries. We do have many international law firms, but the fact that in the US an attorney needs a license for a particular state only, makes it very difficult. In our city in international legal firms there are attorneys who can practice US laws, but so far I found only for New York state (and they mainly handle ipo-related issues). So I hope some US developers could be more active than we and at least share some info and facts with all the rest.

If we talk about premeditated bankruptcy or any other bankruptcy fraud, then where do you all submit it? On the website of US Department of Justice there are emails, but do you get any reply or at least any confirmation that your complaint has been received and is being reviewed?
    Last edited by adeveloper; 10-24-12 at 12:54 AM.
    10-24-12 12:42 AM
    LoL Thanks
    And I find it interesting that the forums here document vendors inability to access their vendor accounts at least a week prior to MobiHand actually filing. THAT alone shows premeditation IMHO, and shows they're certainly hiding something if they didn't want us accessing our accounts.
    I have my own proof that the dev accounts had been purged at least several days before filing. Sent emails, even a small consultation on that (all this with actual dates, so if it matters, I can supply you with additional proof).

I see that there are several legal people handling bankruptcy: a trustee, a debtor's attorney, a trustee's attorney. So if it is an embezzlement or a similar crime (like bankruptcy premeditation), should not they see it and report/act accordingly?
    10-24-12 12:48 AM
    Didn't bother. Most attorney's have a secretary, and I would be willing to bet that's as far as a phone call would ever get.
    I meant that they might at least say "yes, we received your email/request/letter", or maybe give some more information.

On the website of US Department of Justice there are emails, but do you get any reply or at least any confirmation that your complaint has been received and is being reviewed?
    No. But as far as I remember, they write on their web page that they would not contact you back unless they needed more data.
    10-24-12 06:34 PM
    Mobihand reappeared under a new name
    AppVerse - The App Marketing Company

Exactly the same projects, even crackberry app store is mentioned.

Exactly the same people - Steve Howard, Sebastian Dijmarescu, Adriano Chiaretta, Rich Wood, Patricia Dippel.
    AppVerse Team

I remember how Rich Wood was saying "it is difficult for a small company like MobiHand to get financing". Though it was not difficult at all to finance their new businesses. It was difficult only to pay to developers,who created very popular apps so that MobiHand scam could get rich.

We all remember how Adriano Chiaretta was blatantly lying that "MobiHand is committed to pay every single dollar owed to every single developer" and "98% of our accounts are current". We remember how they blocked devs' accounts and refused even to talk over the phone. They have been bullying me into silence for almost a year and when my lawsuit was coming to an end, just filed for bankruptcy. No, they are not cowards or criminals, in California they are called innovators, mobile business experts. Steal as much as possible and go away unpunished, that's the only law.

MobiHand bankruptcy is still going on. We, developers, got nothing. Some developers have not been mentioned as creditors in their bankruptcy petition. Filing false petitions with the bankruptcy court is perfectly ok, deleting all statistics and reports is also ok.
    Assets such as "appverse" or "channelconnect" have not been declared as MobiHand assets, though they were obviously developed by MobiHand and with our money. Now these assets can be used by the same people in a new business.

Though why nothing? I got ~101700 customers and now, 6 months after they filed for bankruptcy, I'm getting about 50 (!) emails daily asking about codes/user accounts/what_has_happened_to_mobihand .

These guys simply took our money and just founded new businesses.
    raymondhal likes this.
    03-13-13 12:54 AM
    Sebastian Dijmarescu, who was COO of MobiHand, founded on June 20, 2012 (two months before filing for MobiHand bankruptcy) a new company - zynnis inc
    Zynnis, Inc. Company Profile - Located in San Jose, CA - Sebastian Dijmarescu

We can see that almost the same MobiHand employees are mentioned there.
    sportsLyfe - Sports Timeline, Team and Event Management

Exactly in June Sebastian Dijmarescu was saying that they work were working hard to find money to pay to developers. However, instead, he founded a new company. For that there was enough money. Money is enough to found new businesses, to pay salaries and even to hire new employees. But not enough to pay to developers whose royalties have been embezzled by MobiHand (and now it is really embezzlement).
    03-13-13 01:42 AM
    Hi Guys,
    Do any of us have a reply from anywhere?
    04-16-13 06:03 AM
    Hi Guys,
    Do any of us have a reply from anywhere?
    No replies.

ex-mobiHand executives have launched a new app-related business
    A Free App A Nite! | Appanite

First they stole tens of thousands USD of their best-selling Android app. It was very easy for them to steal that much money from a small but successful non-US developer. Now they offer deals to Android developers and fail to mention their embezzlement.
    Insolent dishonest liars!
    Last edited by adeveloper; 04-20-13 at 03:47 AM. Reason: spelling error
    04-20-13 03:46 AM
    Thanks for the update.
    04-22-13 02:41 AM
36 12