Hey guys, I'm totally new to development and coding in general, but after playing with 10.3 on my Z10, specifically the flip to mute feature, I realized that I'd love to be able to customize this option. I'd like to be able to set the Global Notifications to any of the options, normal, silent, vibrate, depending on the device orientation, not just flipping it over. After searching BlackBerry World, I found FlipShush, but it only duplicates the built in functionality in 10.3, and doesn't give options for which profile is activated.

So here I am, learning BB10 development to build this app. Only problem is, I'm in way over my head. Most of the tutorials are UI based, and there aren't many how-to videos or articles on using the sensor data that don't read like an advanced class in app development. I found one of the sample apps, Sensors: Orientation, that handles the sensor triggering, but it's setup to display text (face up, face down, top down), and I don't know how to tell it to change the notification profile instead of just showing text. I've attached a screenshot of the Main.qml file showing how it's setup, but it looks too easy, and I'm not sure how to execute actions.

Global notification profiles based on device orientation.-screen-shot-2014-09-23-5.54.59-pm.png

Sorry for the long read, but the short version is, what is the proper way to execute changing the global notification profile?

Thanks for any insight you guys can offer.
    09-23-14 03:58 PM
    I've had hard time with orientation since 10.2.1.3175 in headless app (normal app works), I may be doing something wrong as FlipShush seems to work (it's headless, isn't it?). Here's a support forum link for my issue but you can read about many different methods of retrieving device orientation : http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...2911924#M64614
    09-24-14 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the link, I'll be watching your thread as well.

From what I can gather in your code in the first post, it looks like all the backend action stuff I need is triggered in the .Cpp file, is that correct? The "do something" is the part where I would put the action to change the notification profile I would also guess.
    09-25-14 05:20 AM
    Yeah, your app is not a simple one. I can give you some code I've used when filling the JIRA that will include a few methods to check device orientation, but it's all C++ and might be hard to understand when starting programming.
    09-25-14 07:26 AM
    Yeah, I'm realizing this is a bigger project than I thought. Thanks for the offer though
    09-25-14 07:28 AM
    09-25-14 07:33 AM